What's new

Guess That Movie: Alternate Movie Description Edition!

Yay! My turn?

Here goes..

An army veteran learns about family values when he takes over his aging father's business.

I didn't read the rules, but, i suppose it's guessing the film.

"The Godfather"? Because Michael Corleone was a WWII marine and he took over his father's Vito's "business", that had particular "values". The "family"! :gunsmilie:

Last edited:
... well, go read them! 'Cause if you guess right (the guy who posed the riddle will post that soon enough) then you are responsible for posing the next riddle.

Oh dear... So if i got it right i must make a description of my own of a film? Oh dear... This is too hard for me... I have seen way too many films... It is very probable that even if i managed to describe it correctly, it would be not as well known as i think.

If i got it right, please feel free to put another riddle instead of me!

Oh dear... So if i got it right i must make a description of my own of a film? Oh dear... This is too hard for me... I have seen way too many films... It is very probable that even if i managed to describe it correctly, it would be not as well known as i think.

If i got it right, please feel free to put another riddle instead of me!

Obscure films are the best ones to describe! My one contribution to this thread thus far was way too easy to guess.

Obscure films are the best ones to describe! My one contribution to this thread thus far was way too easy to guess.

Maybe for an American it is easy to describe it in english...Not so much for me. Besides, i have seen so many films, that i remember most of them in fragments. I just like the Godfather a lot, so this is why MAYBE i got it right. MAYBE.

I am serious, someone else can make the new riddle if i got it right. I prefer having to solve the riddle, than making it. It is easier.

Ok, actually the last riddle reminded me of another movie, where the plot is so simple, that i don't have to think of any riddle. And it is probably obscure enough. So, if i got it right, i can make a riddle! Because there is no riddle to make. It's very simple plot, but it is probably "obscure", the way you like it!

So, if i got it right, i can give a riddle myself! Which won't be much of a riddle, but in simple plots, what can you do...

Yep, The Godfather.

Your turn...

I knew it! It was too easy for a Godfather fan!

Ok, this is more obscure, but someone asked for it! On the bright side, it's very simple plot! Staying in the veteran theme like Michael Corleone, that gave me the idea. The film is obscure, but if someone has seen it, i think it's pretty straightforward.

A war veteran returns home and tries to start a new life as civilian. But soon he finds obstacles in the society, in finding a job and things progressively go downhill. At some point, even a friend of his dies and the film doesn't have the classic "happy ending".

And no, it is not Rambo The First Blood.

I knew it! It was too easy for a Godfather fan!

Ok, this is more obscure, but someone asked for it! On the bright side, it's very simple plot! Staying in the veteran theme like Michael Corleone, that gave me the idea. The film is obscure, but if someone has seen it, i think it's pretty straightforward.

A war veteran returns home and tries to start a new life as civilian. But soon he finds obstacles in the society, in finding a job and things progressively go downhill. At some point, even a friend of his dies and the film doesn't have the classic "happy ending".

And no, it is not Rambo The First Blood.
The Best Years of Our Lives?

I never get these even though I have watched so many movies.

Don't worry. I think the more you watch, the less you get. I am surprised i got one! Only because i am a fan of that film. Otherwise, with time they all become a blur and fragmented.

Please someone inform me, when i am supposed to give yet another clue. I can only think of 1 more clue i can give, where one by googling will eventually find the film. Otherwise, if someone has seen it, i think at this point it's very clear what it is, because how many films set in UK with American actor as protagonist have this plot?

Still no guesses? This is bringing me a feeling of anxiety and remorse. But you did ask for obscure! I am now quite positive that nobody has seen the film, because its ending, to me at least, is unforgettable.

FINAL BIG BIG CLUE! The lead actor is a famous afroamerican, who has the same surname as an american city and in the film, in the war, he was a paratrooper!

I am practically handing it on a silver platter, at this point!

Top Bottom