What's new

GSB?

I'd appreciate some help. I have been searching for a substitute for Polsilver, and finally settled on GSB. I had read about the wax problems, and was somewhat mystified. I had bought a 25 (5 packs) from Amazon to try; the blades were doubled wrapped and had no, or minimal, glue-very well presented. I just received a 100 blade order, also from Amazon, that looked entirely different. The blades were single-wrapped in paper, and were a gooey mess. It was a PIA to peel the paper off the blade with all of the wax. The face of the pack is slightly different, and the 100 blade packs note that they are distributed by South Africa, and manufactured in Russia. The original 5 packs order references St Petersburg, distributed by P & G UK Weybridge.

My question is: is there a change in packaging? Is the 100 pack order a counterfeit? I will say the blades seem to shave about the same.

Attachments

• 20210326_095725.jpg
    20210326_095725.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 20210326_095747.jpg
    20210326_095747.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
In your photo the ones on the right are the
New packaging and on the left are the original packaging. Both are authentic..

Love gsb. Not such a fan of the wax.
so does the new package ditch the wax?
When I recieved mine from the new batch, the wax was in the middle, where the hole for the central post is (like the new astras) , so its not getting in the way. Strangely, first ordered one tuck from RBC and came the new batch, then after a month purchased by the 100 again from RBC and came the old batch. Go figure...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
When I recieved mine from the new batch, the wax was in the middle, where the hole for the central post is (like the new astras) , so its not getting in the way. Strangely, first ordered one tuck from RBC and came the new batch, then after a month purchased by the 100 again from RBC and came the old batch. Go figure...
Ya odd. It’s one of those things that when I first noticed it it seemed annoying but now I’m kind of over it.

I have an affinity for the St. Petersburg blades with Nacet and GSBs being my favorites. The wax was an issue and difficult to cleanly remove until I found something that works for me. I pour water from a tea kettle over the wax spots and they seem to dissolve. I then wipe (dry) the blade off without touching the edge and I have blades as clean as a blade with no wax spots. My hot tap water is not hot enough to dissolve the wax hence the tea kettle.

I prefer Nacet and GSB over Polsilver and am happy to no longer worry about a contrived or real shortage, huge price swings and name changes that have plagued the Super Iridium blades for years.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Used a new GSB this morning, For what ever reason it was not a great shave. Maybe it doesn't pair well with the Feather ASD2.

I simply CAREFULLY place the unwrapped GSB in my mouth and smile WIDELY and SLOOOOOWLY scrape the wacks off both sides of the blade SIMULTANEOUSLY with my incisors!

Then I save the wacks from the blades and make candles, which I sell at Renaissance Festivals!

True story doggone!
Way to go Farmer Tan, you are one brave soul!

GSB are good blades, new packaging - old packaging, still good blades.
I simply CAREFULLY place the unwrapped GSB in my mouth and smile WIDELY and SLOOOOOWLY scrape the wacks off both sides of the blade SIMULTANEOUSLY with my incisors!

Then I save the wacks from the blades and make candles, which I sell at Renaissance Festivals!

True story doggone!
Can you make me a few 3 wick short stumpy candles sir? Can you add a splash of the Veg in your mouth so the wax absorbs the scent of the Veg. I really want a Veg scented candle. I see a booming business for you making by request scented candles. You can say they are organic scented candles because the scents are swirled in your mouth while the wax is absorbing the scent. Are you up for having razor blades in your mouth for hours on end each day? It's all in the name of commerce?

Put me down for 3. Maybe we can do a limited run of B & B scented candles with the wax scraped off the GSB blades with his teeth by none other than our forum artisan candle wax sucker, FT! Name your price brother, this is going to redefine the luxury niche of wet shaving accessories.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
GSB are good blades, new packaging - old packaging, still good blades.

Can you make me a few 3 wick short stumpy candles sir? Can you add a splash of the Veg in your mouth so the wax absorbs the scent of the Veg. I really want a Veg scented candle. I see a booming business for you making by request scented candles. You can say they are organic scented candles because the scents are swirled in your mouth while the wax is absorbing the scent. Are you up for having razor blades in your mouth for hours on end each day? It's all in the name of commerce?

Put me down for 3. Maybe we can do a limited run of B & B scented candles with the wax scraped off the GSB blades with his teeth by none other than our forum artisan candle wax sucker, FT! Name your price brother, this is going to redefine the luxury niche of wet shaving accessories.
I charge extra if I get a cut, which is USUALLY right where my lips meet at the right corner of my mouth. I hope a "red tinged" candle is okay with you? But I've been doin' it like this for so long now cuts are rare.

You sure I can't interest you in "Miller Genuine Draft" scented? I'm running a special this month!

Top Bottom