What's new

GSB Questions

GSB is definitely a top tier blade. Very similar to a Gillette Platinum but a bit sharper. It may be the sharpest of all the Russian Gillette blades (not 100 % certain of that, just my overall impression though not from careful side by side comparison).

GSB is definitely a top tier blade. Very similar to a Gillette Platinum but a bit sharper. It may be the sharpest of all the Russian Gillette blades (not 100 % certain of that, just my overall impression though not from careful side by side comparison).

IMO the hone angle is slightly different. GSB is approx. 15°.

I used one today too. They leave my after-shave feeling very good. Similar to Nacet maybe not quite as sharp. Similar to Yellows.

I’m planning to order some GSB blades tonight, a lot of 25 through Amazon. I’ve read that a lot of gents here really love them and that they’re a top quality product. What’s your experience like with them and how do they compare to other blades like the Yellows and the Astras? I’m looking for a blade a little bit sharper and smoother than the Astra Stainless I’ve been using lately...... Are they as good as Nacets? Thanks!
The GSB is smoother and sharper than the 7 o’clock yellow or an astra SS imo. You don’t hear much negative about them.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I received my first pack yesterday
fancy double wrapping is nice. Noticed 4 small wax spots but it wasnt heavy or a very sticky glue feel. Notice said dont wipe blade? Um ok.
first use will be pretty soon.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
First use was very positive. These are sharp and very smooth. So smooth in fact i noticed some of my lifetime of cart bad habits were returning like using too much pressure. Final verdict i like these enough to get 100

Too much glue blades for unknown reason, glue transfers on the razor. Difficult to clean razor without risk to damage chrome plating. There are many more good blades out there without crazy amount of glue.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Too much glue blades for unknown reason, glue transfers on the razor. Difficult to clean razor without risk to damage chrome plating. There are many more good blades out there without crazy amount of glue.
i generally agree and am not a fan of glue. In my experience feathers have the most. And very much toward the glue end ofthe spectrum. Gsb seemed to have 4 spots but light amount and it felt much less sticky to me

i generally agree and am not a fan of glue. In my experience feathers have the most. And very much toward the glue end ofthe spectrum. Gsb seemed to have 4 spots but light amount and it felt much less sticky to me
My current favourites glue free blades, BIC (careful when you buy too many fakes) and Gillette super platinum black.

Just had my first shave with the GSB and WOW I am amazed. This blade is so sharp and smooth at the same time unlike any other blade I’ve ever used. Felt better than the Yellows and Nacets. I took off an almost 3 day beard growth with the blade loaded in my trusty Tech and it effortlessly mowed the whiskers down in a comfortable manner. I used a little too much pressure and didn’t notice a couple tiny weepers when they happened. They cleared up right away, not a big problem. But even in the thickest areas of the beard it glided through easily. Post shave feel is nice. This blade makes my other brands of blades seem almost like junk.... they don’t compare to this one. I will keep using it and see how many good shaves it will deliver, I will try for at least 10 minimum. I may have found my favorite blade! Thank you guys for all the good advice!

Razorhead

GSBs are my standard go-to blades in my Karve (razor + blade combos are very, very ymmv in my opinion). Just ordered another 100 off Amazon though (shaved with one this morning—lovely). FWIW, I like the 7 o clock yellow almost as much (another 100 purchase), but the Astra SPs don't perform as well for me (again, grain of salt here because it gets a lot of love from others and I can't say they are wrong).

Top Bottom