What's new

GSB Questions

I’m planning to order some GSB blades tonight, a lot of 25 through Amazon. I’ve read that a lot of gents here really love them and that they’re a top quality product. What’s your experience like with them and how do they compare to other blades like the Yellows and the Astras? I’m looking for a blade a little bit sharper and smoother than the Astra Stainless I’ve been using lately...... Are they as good as Nacets? Thanks!

Very personal question with a lot of answers but for me: an excellent blade! Shaves one and two start off a bit rough but the shaves afterwards are extremely smooth. The blade is on the sharper end. Below feather but above most others. Overall the blade has better longevity for me than other brands. I can usually get 8-10 shaves from them while other blades I get 3-5. I do find these comparable to the Yellows and for me a little better than the Nacet. I have good luck with Astras, but they only last 3-4 when these go 8-10.

A pack of 25 is a good start.

They are a top-tier blade for me. They are sharp, very smooth, and long-lasting. They work well in every razor I own. To me, they are the gold standard. Enjoy your purchase!

Good to know that these blades have longevity after reading these replies. I consider that a requirement for me to rate a blade as top tier... I suspect I’ll like them a lot. I used to use the Yellows and Nacets, Personnas too before I lost my blade stash. I’m basically rebuilding it and trying some brands I’ve never used before. I will definitely get some Yellows and Lab Blues again in the future..... why not?

I’ve read that a lot of gents here really love them and that they’re a top quality product. What’s your experience like with them and how do they compare to other blades like the Yellows and the Astras? I’m looking for a blade a little bit sharper and smoother than the Astra Stainless I’ve been using lately...... Are they as good as Nacets? Thanks!
Definitely top tier for me and smoother than the Astra SP or Astra SS. Better than Nacets and last longer. A little higher in price than the others.

GSB are top-tier blades for me: sharp, comfortable and long-lasting!!

+1. GSBs and Polsilvers are my top blades, including the advantage that they perform very well in all my razors. Feathers are fabulous in some and just too much in others.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just added some to a recent order to hit the free shipping mark. Looking forward to trying given these positive reviews. Although im not a fan of the blade glue or wax.

Always impressed me how diverse the opinions of a particular shaving component can be. This blade is the one I would stick with if I had only one option. Great combination of sharpness and forgiving all in all a great shave.

GSB best blade I have used so far and I have tried a dozen different blade samplers. I just purchased a 2.7 year supply from Amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Not in my list of favourites. I could use them if they were all that was available, but I'd rather reach for something else instead.

I’m planning to order some GSB blades tonight, a lot of 25 through Amazon. I’ve read that a lot of gents here really love them and that they’re a top quality product. What’s your experience like with them and how do they compare to other blades like the Yellows and the Astras? I’m looking for a blade a little bit sharper and smoother than the Astra Stainless I’ve been using lately...... Are they as good as Nacets? Thanks!
I just got 25 from the same seller I bet. Came in 3 days! Top tier.

Most definitely a very personal and subjective topic. I've used Nacets and Astras as well as GSBs. I prefer the GSBs over both of the other two. As a result I have about 100 of the GSBs. I started with Voskhods and find the GSBs to be smoother and sharper. I've recently found the Polsilver Super Iridiums and really like them a lot. They are giving the GSBs a run for their money but I need more time with them to evaluate them. Get the GSBs. A top notch blade. You won't regret it.

Top Bottom