What's new

Grudge match:Fatboy vs Slim *WINNER*

The voices have been loud over the years. Each side have declared their champion is the best. It was destiny that an epic battle should wage out.

Many of you have said you own both of these competitors. Will you help settle once and for all which is best!

The rules are simple:
2 razors.....1 face....3 shaves

You agree to preform 3 shaves through out the month of January
You agree that during the same shave to shave half of your face with the Fatboy and the other half of your face with the Slim.
You agree to post the results of each shave round.

If you own both of these razors just post below that you are in....If you have what it takes.

The Grudge match will start in January.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I'm in. It seems Like you put a lot of thought and planing into this Match .
Should we sell tickets

Last edited:
My results are already in as I did this a long time ago. The winner is/was........the Slim! For me, the Slim had a better feel and better maneuverability. To be honest, I like the look of the Fatboy better but I like the shave of the slimmer head better. I guess my ideal would be a Fat Slim, the Slim head with a Fatboy handle. In any event, after a period of comparisons, I always found myself reaching for my Slim and the Fatboy sat looking pretty on the shelf so I ended up selling it.

I'm definitely in on this, although it will be half my head and neck with each. Most of my face is beard this time of year. I think I already know who my winner will be but it will be interesting to actually do a half and half shave. Who knows maybe I will change my mind, I do love both of them.

I would be in if the shaves were going to happen next week! I have a replated Sheraton, and a new #66 on the way to me and the month of January is going to be dominated by those two razors.

I am in. My 195 is in much better shape than either of my Slim Adjustables. I will do a bit more blade exploration and dial setting comparison before then in preparation.

I am in. I used to be a Slim guy, but have found myself reaching for the Fat Boy more and more. It'll be good to put them head-to-head.

Since it's so easy to swap blades in and out of these beasts, it would make the most sense to use the same blade in both razors.

I'm out, since I sold my Slim years ago. The Fatboy is the clear winner for me.

Hey mikelz777, you are not the first person to wish there was a razor with the head of a Slim on the Fatboy handle. In fact, if I recall correctly, one of our members actually MADE such a Frankenrazor, called, appropriately enough, the Fatboy Slim. If you search the site for "Fatboy Slim" you might be able to find the thread and read through it; it has pics of the final product, too.

I'm in. I love experiments.
Why three shaves? Do we need to switch sides after each shave (I vote: yes)? If so, four shaves might be better.
Do we have to use the same two blades? Or can I use a Derby in one and a Kai in the other?
What about settings? I've heard that a Fatboy set to 9 is slightly more aggressive than a Slim set to 9. Or is it the other way around?

I'm in. I love experiments.
Why three shaves? Do we need to switch sides after each shave (I vote: yes)? If so, four shaves might be better.
Do we have to use the same two blades? Or can I use a Derby in one and a Kai in the other?
What about settings? I've heard that a Fatboy set to 9 is slightly more aggressive than a Slim set to 9. Or is it the other way around?

I was going to post more details later but here are some of the guidlines:

You have to use the same type of blade in each.
You have to use the same setting on each.
Round one will be Fatboy on the left and Slim on the right.
Round two will be Slim on the left and Fatboy on the right.
Round three will be Fatboy on the left and Slim back on the right.

Each round should be judged in the following ways:
Efficiency
Smoothness
Ease of the shave (grip, stroke and angle....)
overall experience
Winner of round

You will be asked to submit the above for each round in the Match thread. Please start your post with either round 1,2 or 3 to make keeping score easier.

Winner will be declared the first of February.

I picked three rounds to keep it quick and exciting. Since this is running through out all of January if you want to do more shaves feel free to.

Last edited:
I'm in, although it may only be on my head and neck if my beard is still present.

imatabor, you meant same type of blade in each, right?

Last edited:
I'm in, although it may only be on my head and neck if my beard is still present.

imatabor, you meant same type of blade in each, right?

As long as you can do half and half we are glad to have you aboard.

(Thanks for the catch on the typo, I fixed it:thumbup:)

I haven't had the chance to try a Fatboy yet but the Slim is by far my favorite razor out of all I've tried. Very interesting thread.

Top Bottom