What's new

Growing my beard back

So I had a beard for over 10 years until covid hit. As somebody who works in a hospital and sees covid patients some times, I had to shave to wear an N95 correctly.

Well, now that rates are dropping and I'm vaccinated, I'm able to grow my thick beard back. The problem? I've learned to love shaving through wet shaving over the past year.

I wet shave my head with a DE (rex ambassador) and enjoy that. I'll be shaving my neck and keeping my beard lined up. Let's see how this goes. I shaved my head yesterday so today I just went after my neck growth.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Well been only DE shaving my neck and head. One great and frustrating part about neck shaving, you will know a great razor from an okay one. Irrigation, smoothness etc.

I have a full goatee but I look so much better with a beard.

Fayiz D.

I used to have a short box beard, but really wanted to shave more again, but my SO really loves beards. So I decided to go with an extended goatee as a compromise since it's just a box beard without the sideburns. Now I can shave most of my cheeks and neck but still have a short, trimmed beard she likes. You might want to check out what beard styles appeal to you, and shorter, styled beards are more in style these days than the lumberjack beards that were popular a few years back.

There's always a happy middle ground!

I just started growing my beard back this past holiday weekend, it was off about a year. I have had a beard, moustache or goatee since 1976 always change things up, my wife loves a moustache only for the most part

So I had a beard for over 10 years until covid hit. As somebody who works in a hospital and sees covid patients some times, I had to shave to wear an N95 correctly.

Well, now that rates are dropping and I'm vaccinated, I'm able to grow my thick beard back. The problem? I've learned to love shaving through wet shaving over the past year.

I wet shave my head with a DE (rex ambassador) and enjoy that. I'll be shaving my neck and keeping my beard lined up. Let's see how this goes. I shaved my head yesterday so today I just went after my neck growth.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.
You can always just shave your neck too. I have a beard but love wet shaving, so I just keep my neck shaved up. You can absolutely enjoy shaving without actually being clean shaven.

You can always just shave your neck too. I have a beard but love wet shaving, so I just keep my neck shaved up. You can absolutely enjoy shaving without actually being clean shaven.

I did that too for a bit but found I got lazy with the shaving and would only shave my neck every three days or so. :blushing:

I've had a beard since getting out of the Marines in 2003. I still love wet shaving and use DEs and SRs to shape my cheeks and take care of my neck. I don't shave everyday usually. After so many years of shaving at least once, sometimes twice a day in the service, I shave when I have time to enjoy the process or when I absolutely need to. Grow your beard and enjoy your shaves.

I shaved my beard last year too. Everyone including my mom was disappointed. No complements from anyone. I grew it back in the fall and plan on keeping it for a while. Now if only I could get my wife to cook...

I used to shave everyday after discovering wet shaving. Then I started working 60+ hours a week. Then it turned into every other day, then when I had time. Then I let it grow thinking my beard and stache would be patchy and bad looking. Turned out the stache that I didn't grew was just lighter in color and didn't look right for two weeks and the patches were the same way- just lighter. I grew it for years and only trimmed it and kept the lines and neck tight.

I shaved once. I showed up to work and everyone asked who the new guy was.

Wife won't talk to me for day...

No more mask life. Back to the handlebar. :D

If you ever want to grow your beard back and feel the need to shave. Call another bearded brother. We can help you overcome the urge to do something you or a loved one will regret.

Top Bottom