What's new

Growing Herbs Indoors

I wish I could grow herbs indoors but alas I don't have the right windows with sunlight. In the summer I plant them in pots and have great luck as long as the rabbits don't get to them.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I wish I could grow herbs indoors but alas I don't have the right windows with sunlight. In the summer I plant them in pots and have great luck as long as the rabbits don't get to them.

Welcome to the Mess Hall Elaine. I hope you'll visit often. :thumbup1:

6194459D-1F7C-4DDE-948A-FBADDFE181F7.jpeg

(A valid message)

I have not been able to grow stuff inside (not enough window space) and to facilitate the destruction of my old mobile home and the building of a new house I removed most of the garden. But I did get a couple different sizes of this . I have a round one for herbs and a couple longer ones for lettuce, kale, spinach, carrots and radishes.

Now that I am in the new house we are trying to plan where to put a real garden (plural) but the portable (with the help of the tractor loader) herb and salad gardens get moved based on the need for sun/shelter. Eventually I will get around to putting in the other gardens for roses, other ornamental, and edibles stuff.

ps - this stay at home stuff is making my "I don't have time" excuse wear a bit thin with SWMBO...

About a dozen years ago, neighbors grew an amazing quantity of herbs. Cops were unloading 6' tall pot plants by the dozen, then later an impressive array of grow lights.
For kitchen herbs, I was looking at an Aerogarden, but its' doubtful I could grow enough to sustain my cooking needs (especially with limited countertop space).

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I tried an Aerogarden . . . cute but I think fairly useless.

So that being said . . . in a Nabob of Negativity way . .

I do like yard long planters that you can water from the bottom. But I'm seed starting just now. Warm weather might happen . . . in the fullness of time . . . not withstanding . . . he wore the seat out of his pants,

Top Bottom