What's new

Growing back out the ‘Stache!

My aspirational model:
pringles_old.jpg

Well I shaved my upper lip. Experiment is over…thought it over and I didn’t want to have to trim it. Oh well- y’all have a good’un!

I was in the army reserves from 1970-76. I couldn't have long hair, so I grew a stash. I had the stash for 25 years from about 1970-1995. Occasionally I'd go Zappa or a fu manchu for a change. One night in '95 I just whacked it off for good.

I used to sport a handlebar mustache that had to be curled at the tips (Navy regulations stated that the mustache cannot extend beyond the edge of the mouth). Pinaud Moustache Wax was the order of the day.

That was 47 years ago.
It's interesting how things change with time. When I was in the Navy, 60 years ago, you had to be clean shaven to go on liberty, at least aboard my ship.
You could have facial hair, beard, mustache, etc, but you had to remain on board ship.

Reactions: ewk
It's interesting how things change with time. When I was in the Navy, 60 years ago, you had to be clean shaven to go on liberty, at least aboard my ship.
You could have facial hair, beard, mustache, etc, but you had to remain on board ship.
In the late nineties when i was in you could have a mustache but you could only have a beard if you had a no shave chit due to medical reasons.

1659333971142.png

Dear brother,

I couldn't wear a "cookie duster" like that even if I wanted one. :eek: (Someone would probably wind up throwing me a fish)!

My 'stache has largely stayed in place since the 70s when it got respectably filled in. I did shave it recently just to experience shaving my upper lip with an SR. Now I'm back to:
65596889-FEFE-4E91-B2B3-215ED063F46B.jpeg

And in need of a trim. Clippers set on 3 (much shorter) to keep it out of the soup.

LOTH is campaigning for my beard to reconnect to my sideburns.

@Tanuki- i like full beards it’s just that the hair on my cheeks bother me to no end. I don’t know why my cheek whiskers bother me but it’s like i can feel them.

Top Bottom