What's new

Group picture.

I can answer that as my kids have the 24 inch maggards. They are very similar. All of the plissoft brushes feel similar.

Here is mine.
Front row left to right: Plisson Cade syn, DaVinci 290, Shavemac 177, Kent BK8, SOC, B&B LE 2014, Rudy Vey with Shavemac 2 band knot, Omega Hi, Hofftitz.
Second Row: Duke 3 in best, B&B LE 2011 with TGN knot, Paladin PK 47, Rooney, Paladin PK 47, Remembering Sue boar, Omega 81052 boar, Da Vinci 293.
Back Row: Bigelow Select Badger, T&H Silvertip, B&B LE 2012, B&B Essential, B&B 10th Anniversary.

Not pictures is my Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush which resides in my travel case.

brushes 2.JPG

Here is my updated group picture.
IMG_4609.JPG

The ones below are my overflow and regular work horses.
IMG_4610.JPG

TOP ROW:
Truefitt & Hill Rooney Heritage size 1
Vintage Simpson CASE 2 band
Vladmir Ferdman Dymondwood 2 band
Paladin Jade Falstaff 2 band
Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Morris & Forndran 1XL Blonde

MIDDLE ROW:
Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band beehive
Brad Sears 2XL 2 band
Wolf Whiskers/Nathan Clark envy white
Vintage Simpson AS3M 2 band
Deluxe Shave Co. 2 band
Savile Row silvertip

BOTTOM ROW:
Bob Quinn/Elite Razor 2 band
Thater plexi silvertip
Shavemac Opus Summum D01 2 band
Vladmir Ferdman/Shavemac D01
Morris & Forndran 2XL Blonde
Shavemac Custom beehive D01

OVERFLOW:
Razorock 400
Omega/Prorasso Boar Proffesional
Shea Moisture synthetic
Van Der Hagen Boar
Omega B&B 10th anniv. Boar
Ever-Ready w/ AMACK game changer
Vintage German Bakelite Boar
Vintage German Bakelite Boar

Here is mine.
Front row left to right: Plisson Cade syn, DaVinci 290, Shavemac 177, Kent BK8, SOC, B&B LE 2014, Rudy Vey with Shavemac 2 band knot, Omega Hi, Hofftitz.
Second Row: Duke 3 in best, B&B LE 2011 with TGN knot, Paladin PK 47, Rooney, Paladin PK 47, Remembering Sue boar, Omega 81052 boar, Da Vinci 293.
Back Row: Bigelow Select Badger, T&H Silvertip, B&B LE 2012, B&B Essential, B&B 10th Anniversary.

Not pictures is my Muhle Silvertip Fibre brush which resides in my travel case.

View attachment 774621
Seems like the picture and the description are mirror image, that is, if you read the description right to left, that is the correct lineup.

Here is my Family. The ones in rotation anyway, LOL
proxy.php

Top Row L/R: Rudy Vey BB Team / Shavemac 2 band Silvertip | Nate Harris "VADAR" Silvertip|Rudy Vey PJ / Muhle Synth | Omega 6142 Silvertip | Doug Korn D7 / TGN Finest | Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest

Middle Row L/R: Semogue 620 Boar | Matt DeRuiter "F1" WD HMW | Matt DeRuiter "Tucson" Boar | Matt DeRuiter "Purple Haze" GameChanger Synth. | BB Essential Boar 10th Anniversary.

Bottom Row L/R: Saponificio Varesino Artisan 2.0 / HMW | Sorrentino "LUCA BRASI" / Envy Luxury Silvertip | Thater 4292 / Silvertip | Shavemac Colonia No. 1 / 2-band Silvertip | Paladin PK-47 2-band Silvertip

Ok. So let me talk about the Chubby 2 synthetic and Stirling Fan as I have used them for a bit now.

Chubby 2 synth: It looks like it could be stiff but in use it is really soft. Very nice for face lathering. I usually put a base of Body Shop Maca Root cream on my face and then use the wet brush and get the soap that I want the scent of loaded. Very easy to get enough lather for 3 passes plus. Also, I don't have to worry about hair shedding from a $250 brush(which it would be with a super badger knot).

Stirling Fan: This one is 24mm. This is a great brush. I'm not sure how they can sell it for so little. The handle is substantial and doesn't feel cheap at all. The hair has good backbone but the tips are soft and very nice for face lathering.
If anyone is thinking about a badger brush, I cannot recommend this one highly enough.

Would you recommend the Stirling 24 mm fan over the Stirling 26mm finest? I'm on the fence. I usually face lather with a Razorock Plissoft or a Semogue 620 or 830. I'm worried the Stirling 26mm finest would be too big for my liking.

Would you recommend the Stirling 24 mm fan over the Stirling 26mm finest? I'm on the fence. I usually face lather with a Razorock Plissoft or a Semogue 620 or 830. I'm worried the Stirling 26mm finest would be too big for my liking.
I'd go for the 26 Finest. If you're worried about it being too big, get the 24 finest in bulb. I face lather exclusively and the 26 is not too big for me.

I'd go for the 26 Finest. If you're worried about it being too big, get the 24 finest in bulb. I face lather exclusively and the 26 is not too big for me.

I think that's what I'll do! I've been reading lots of good things about all 3 brushes so it's hard to choose!

Top Bottom