What's new

Group buy for Chinese teas including Pu-erh

Dragon Tea House seems to have a much better selection of greens than YSLLC.

I think Scott specializes for the most part in products from where he is in Yunnan. For greens, etc. from other regions there are other options with more diversity.

Since I drink 99.9% pu'er these days, it isn't an issue. :wink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I think Scott specializes for the most part in products from where he is in Yunnan. For greens, etc. from other regions there are other options with more diversity.

Exactly.

I find that a side benefit of my almost exclusive pu'er consumption is that I only need tiny quantities of other teas, and they can all be top shelf. Whereas I would never consider buying less than a quarter pound/ 100 grams of anything, nowadays a tiny packet of an oolong can last months. I don't even think it's worth buying greens in anything larger thn a single serving size. :tongue_sm

You are without a doubt correct. I had not actually looked into those costs yet. That was why I left the note about shipping outside the USA would incur additional costs. So, probably not such a good idea as an international buy... Thanks for checking on the costs for shipping from the US to the UK.

Not a problem, if it had been cheap this would have been awesome, but keeping it in US is probably the best for bank balances and ease of parcel splitting.

Not sure if you can see it from where you are, but I'm rubbing my hands in glee and cackling maniacally.

:devil:

I find that a side benefit of my almost exclusive pu'er consumption is that I only need tiny quantities of other teas, and they can all be top shelf. Whereas I would never consider buying less than a quarter pound/ 100 grams of anything, nowadays a tiny packet of an oolong can last months. I don't even think it's worth buying greens in anything larger thn a single serving size. :tongue_sm

The best way! Buy these short-life teas because you're running low, a very healthy situation. :chinese:

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

I purchased a number of teas and will pass them along to members for my cost plus shipping while they last. Teas include:

4 items, 1998 Lincang "CNNP Green Wrapper" Raw Pu-erh tea, 250 g (one sold)

4 items, 2000 Long Yuan Hao Yi Wu Mountain Raw - 400 g (one sold)

2 items, 1999 Gu Pu-er Simao Raw Pu-erh "Fang Cha" - 357g (one sold)

2 items, 2002 Bu Lang Mountain Raw Pu-erh tea brick 250 grams

2 items, 2002 Hai Lang Hao * Mengku Wild Arbor cake 400 grams

2 items, 2003 Jing Mai Round Cake * Tai Lian Tea Factory * 357g

2 items, 2002 Jingmai Mountain Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh Bricks 250g (one sold)

1 kg Early Spring Mao Feng Yunnan Green tea - SOLD

1 kg Early Spring Yunnan Silver Needles White Tea (will sell in quantity desired) (100g sold)

As R-James pointed out, the shipping costs outside of the US will most likely make this a non-starter for international members.

It will be a while before they arrive.

Quick update:

4 items, 1998 Lincang "CNNP Green Wrapper" Raw Pu-erh tea, 250 g (two sold)

4 items, 2000 Long Yuan Hao Yi Wu Mountain Raw - 400 g (two sold)

2 items, 1999 Gu Pu-er Simao Raw Pu-erh "Fang Cha" - 357g (two sold)

2 items, 2002 Bu Lang Mountain Raw Pu-erh tea brick 250 grams (one sold)

2 items, 2002 Hai Lang Hao * Mengku Wild Arbor cake 400 grams (one sold)

2 items, 2003 Jing Mai Round Cake * Tai Lian Tea Factory * 357g (one sold)

2 items, 2002 Jingmai Mountain Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh Bricks 250g (one sold)

1 kg Early Spring Mao Feng Yunnan Green tea - SOLD

1 kg Early Spring Yunnan Silver Needles White Tea (will sell in quantity desired) (200 g sold)

As a member on another forum pointed out, the shipping costs for redistributing this tea outside the USA may not make sense.

It will be a while before it arrives.

I really love these from your list:

2 items, 2002 Hai Lang Hao * Mengku Wild Arbor cake 400 grams
2 items, 2003 Jing Mai Round Cake * Tai Lian Tea Factory * 357g

Great teas. I have some notes on them that need posting. Find them a good home!

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Don't do it, John. Before you know it, you'll be opening up a WCS* shop.:w00t:

*West Coast Sheng

I have been reading some of the the tea posts lately and feel the urge to start drinking more tea. I was in China for 2 months in 2004 and enjoyed most of the green tea I drank there, but rarely touch the stuff in the States.

This may be a dangerous question, but where would be a good place to start?

...This may be a dangerous question, but where would be a good place to start [with green tea]? ...

If you're talking about Chinese green teas, I've been quite happy with SpecialTeas' offerings, in particular their Spring Blossom Pekoe (#538). I'm also fond of China White Monkey King Green (#545).

I don't care for Japanese green teas, but if you want to give them a go (it's now past prime season, so the teas will be older, not as desirable as fresh), O-Cha is reputed to be a good source. (This is second-hand information -- I've not purchased from then 'cause, again, I'm not a Japanese green tea fan.)

- Richard

O-Cha has some top notch Japanese green. We're well out of the first harvest, shincha, the sencha should still be quite good and it's prime time for gyokuro which is a stunning Japanese green.

O-Cha has some top notch Japanese green. We're well out of the first harvest, shincha, the sencha should still be quite good and it's prime time for gyokuro which is a stunning Japanese green.
I defer to my learned colleague (with the kungFuTea homepage). :biggrin:

Top Bottom