What's new

Grooming Dept. ---- what's up ?

I just visited the GD website and found four soaps currently in stock.

I have purchased two GD soaps. My first purchase was a long time ago when he first started becoming popular. The soap was very good as was the customer service. I understand that the owner had a medical issue and had fallen behind production. I made a second purchase a few weeks ago when he re-opened production and received my soap within a few days.

I have several Grooming Dept soaps, and enjoy them all (although they're not my favorites). Notwithstanding what one may think about his business practices, Mohammad is a classy guy. After I bought my first two tubs, I confessed on this forum that I was having a hard time getting them to lather, and that I was sure it was my human error. Without responding to the thread, Mo PM'd me, and offered to send me two of his then new soaps, gratis. The two new soaps worked fine (in my hand), so I bought a third. I then PIF'd the two soaps I couldn't get to lather.

He didn't need to reach out, and he could have publicly displayed his generosity by posting his offer on the thread (but chose not to). I respect him and his business.

I have several Grooming Dept soaps, and enjoy them all (although they're not my favorites). Notwithstanding what one may think about his business practices, Mohammad is a classy guy. After I bought my first two tubs, I confessed on this forum that I was having a hard time getting them to lather, and that I was sure it was my human error. Without responding to the thread, Mo PM'd me, and offered to send me two of his then new soaps, gratis. The two new soaps worked fine (in my hand), so I bought a third. I then PIF'd the two soaps I couldn't get to lather.

He didn't need to reach out, and he could have publicly displayed his generosity by posting his offer on the thread (but chose not to). I respect him and his business.

I don't want you gents to misunderstand me and the reason for my original post when I started this thread. I have no doubt that Mohammed is a nice guy ... I do not know him nor have I ever done any business with him, but I certainly trust all of you who have positive comments about him and his business model. Thanks for your input, and I wish him well. My intent with this thread, and perhaps misunderstood by the moderators (who I sincerely respect and applaud) and by many of you, is to simply express my frustration with the inability to find available soaps on his website. Many of you have talked with the highest regard about Grooming Dept. soaps, and I have enjoyed your comments .... but if such a highly regarded shaving product is regularly unavailable, that, to me, is unfortunate.

But, happily, there are plenty of high quality soaps that are readily available, and life is good. It's an honor to be a member of our wonderful Badger & Blade community, and I thoroughly enjoy all of our dignified and respectful conversations. You are all true gentlemen !

Happy New Year to you all.

Last edited:
I don't want you gents to misunderstand me and the reason for my original post when I started this thread. I have no doubt that Mohammed is a nice guy ... I do not know him nor have I ever done any business with him, but I certainly trust all of you who have positive comments about him and his business model. Thanks for your input, and I wish him well. My intent with this thread, and perhaps misunderstood by the moderators (who I sincerely respect and applaud) and by many of you, is to simply express my frustration with the inability to find available soaps on his website. Many of you have talked with the highest regard about Grooming Dept. soaps, and I have enjoyed your comments .... but if such a highly regarded shaving product is regularly unavailable, that, to me, is unfortunate.

But, happily, there are plenty of high quality soaps that are readily available, and life is good. It's an honor to be a member of our wonderful Badger & Blade community and I thoroughly enjoy all of our dignified and respectful conversations. You are all true gentlemen !

Happy New Year to you all.

And a Happy New Year to you, Adam! I certainly didn't mean to disrespect anyone, or anyone's views. I just thought I'd throw my experience into the mix.

I do know he's working on his distribution/logistics, including turning to retailers like West Coast Shaving. I wish him, and all of you, the very best!

And a Happy New Year to you, Adam! I certainly didn't mean to disrespect anyone, or anyone's views. I just thought I'd throw my experience into the mix.

I do know he's working on his distribution/logistics, including turning to retailers like West Coast Shaving. I wish him, and all of you, the very best!

Thank you Sir ! All my best wishes to you and yours for a New Year filled with health, happiness, and humor.
Meanwhile, I am sipping a fantastic Laphroaig single malt and watching the Notre Dame — Clemson game. My wife and my dog at my side.
Life is good !

All y'all haven't yet experienced the true college football experience unless you've watched a game with Bobby Bare Jr. as your soundtrack...

(Apologies for further hijacking.)

P.S. I just got home from a local watering hole where I enjoyed a nice local Imperial IPA and the beginning of the Oklahoma game. My bar mates were all from Alabama. I'd not seen so much high-fiving and laughter in a long time when I asked, "Don't you guys ever get tired of winning?"

P.P.S. OU sucks. God bless the mighty, mighty Longhorns.

Last edited:
As you can see, thread hijacking is the only way to make Grooming Dept. threads bearable!

I don't know the difference between football and baseball, but please keep it up guys!

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
You guys are the best !
And Clemson is crushing Notre Dame. Wow !
And Sonny Rollins ! —— perhaps the best tenor player of our time (with all due respect to Coltrane, Webster, Hawkins, and Young !)
Honorable mention to Stanley Turrentine.

My favourite young player, and VERY Sonny Rollins. She makes me smile with her creativity and ideas. Just superb.

Wow ! She is a terrific player. Thanks for the video.
I will definitely spend some more time exploring her recordings.
And you are right ..... “ very Sonny Rollins “. Yes indeed.

Dont want to bore you with more GD talk but when WCS announced there GD drop they had a lot of stock and about 20 soaps to choose. I was able to grab a tub of the donkey base cypress and love it. GD make maybe the best soap out there. I would just go to WCS free shipping and super fast delivery. I have herd horror stories about the service on GD. He may offer a very small supply that he does not sell on GD but most are the same.

Now for something better.
Nothing like the last 5 days and the next 3 days multiple football games.
Super excited to see if the Buckeyes can put Urban out as a winner.
Happy new years everyone.
And GO BUCKS!!

Top Bottom