What's new

Grooming Dept scents?

Based on my previous post about What soap do you find yourself using most often? - it seems that Grooming Dept is high on the list.

I've not used his soaps before, and based on scent notes, I'm not sure which to pick. Is there a collective favorite amongst the Kairos SE 2023 scents? I see Luxor, Mumtaz, L'avventura and Coattails as being available now. Which would you choose and why? As always, thank you...

I've never had a bad scent from GD- all the GD scents i've ever purchased were either excellent or the best thing i've ever smelled; obviously some i love more than others but they are all can't miss type scents, in my experience, anyway. This was a tough drop because there were 3 that i wanted, but had to choose 1. The 3 were Luxor, Mumtaz, L'avventura. I eliminated coattails due to saffron being listed first- i like saffron as an ingredient to cook with, not generally on me as a grooming product- its probably really good and i'm missing out- i'll never know. From what i gather, of those 3, Mumtaz might get the most love and would be the safest bet coming in blind. I just shaved with Luxor yesterday- just to give you an idea- pick a fresh mandarin off a tree, use your fingers to peel its skin and take a wiff of your hands- that's the top note along with strawberries and maybe apricots, but there is also soapy vetiver that ties it all together and smooths it out. I really wanted La'avventura to begin with- i simply have too many soaps and can't buy them all and now waiting for the next drop to come.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I don’t have Coattails; but as for the other 3, Mumtaz is very bold and possibly polarizing; the other 2 are very ‘safe’, IMHO. If you want to be certain you’ll enjoy the scents, I’d get the L’avventura and/or Luxor. Amazing soap.

I've never had a bad scent from GD- all the GD scents i've ever purchased were either excellent or the best thing i've ever smelled; obviously some i love more than others but they are all can't miss type scents, in my experience, anyway. This was a tough drop because there were 3 that i wanted, but had to choose 1. The 3 were Luxor, Mumtaz, L'avventura. I eliminated coattails due to saffron being listed first- i like saffron as an ingredient to cook with, not generally on me as a grooming product- its probably really good and i'm missing out- i'll never know. From what i gather, of those 3, Mumtaz might get the most love and would be the safest bet coming in blind. I just shaved with Luxor yesterday- just to give you an idea- pick a fresh mandarin off a tree, use your fingers to peel its skin and take a wiff of your hands- that's the top note along with strawberries and maybe apricots, but there is also soapy vetiver that ties it all together and smooths it out. I really wanted La'avventura to begin with- i simply have too many soaps and can't buy them all and now waiting for the next drop to come.
Thanks brother - that's very helpful. So maybe I try Mumtaz first and see how it goes. Much appreciated!

I don’t have Coattails; but as for the other 3, Mumtaz is very bold and possibly polarizing; the other 2 are very ‘safe’, IMHO. If you want to be certain you’ll enjoy the scents, I’d get the L’avventura and/or Luxor. Amazing soap.
Thank you - can you put Mumtaz into context in terms of similarities? Is it that its strong, or that certain uncommon notes are stronger than typical that makes it polarizing? All that is very helpful, thank you.

Hannah's Dad

Thanks brother - that's very helpful. So maybe I try Mumtaz first and see how it goes. Much appreciate
Thank you - can you put Mumtaz into context in terms of similarities? Is it that its strong, or that certain uncommon notes are stronger than typical that makes it polarizing? All that is very helpful, thank you.
It has an element in it that is similar to B&M ‘War’. I hated War and didn’t even attempt to use it. Mumtaz has a top note that is very similar to War, but it softens during the shave. I can’t be any more specific other than to say that of those 3, Mumtaz is the boldest. If you like lavender, then L’avventura will be a winner for you.

It has an element in it that is similar to B&M ‘War’. I hated War and didn’t even attempt to use it. Mumtaz has a top note that is very similar to War, but it softens during the shave. I can’t be any more specific other than to say that of those 3, Mumtaz is the boldest. If you like lavender, then L’avventura will be a winner for you.
Ok, thank you. I haven't smelled War so I don't have that association available to me. I do like bold though. I like Lavender though also. Hmmm. Decisions. Thanks again :)

Hannah's Dad

Ok, thank you. I haven't smelled War so I don't have that association available to me. I do like bold though. I like Lavender though also. Hmmm. Decisions. Thanks again
Easy decision - get all 3! You’ll love the base so much you’ll wind up getting them anyway. Trust me.

Easy decision - get all 3! You’ll love the base so much you’ll wind up getting them anyway. Trust me.
Well, my cart is already quite full at Pasteur, and I'm having a tough time adding another 3 soaps to the already long list. I need to prune, I guess. I hate that voice of sanity :|

Hannah's Dad

Yup - prune. Kairos is alpha dog in a park full of Yorkies.
1684185707533.gif

Based on my previous post about What soap do you find yourself using most often? - it seems that Grooming Dept is high on the list.

I've not used his soaps before, and based on scent notes, I'm not sure which to pick. Is there a collective favorite amongst the Kairos SE 2023 scents? I see Luxor, Mumtaz, L'avventura and Coattails as being available now. Which would you choose and why? As always, thank you...
My favorites so far are Sandlewood Nobile and English Lavender, both are amazing. I shop from Pasteurshaving.

Ok gentlemen, I've toasted my credit card with not 2, but 3 GD soaps (and a pile of other stuff). So now I'm good - its done - and hopefully on the way soon so I can learn what the fuss is about. Thanks for the help, and enabling!

Hannah's Dad

Ok gentlemen, I've toasted my credit card with not 2, but 3 GD soaps (and a pile of other stuff). So now I'm good - its done - and hopefully on the way soon so I can learn what the fuss is about. Thanks for the help, and enabling!
Do report back as to how much you love it.😁

Top Bottom