What's new

Grooming Dept Kairos SE 2023 review

I couldnt take it any more. I bought from WCS as they sell Grooming Dept. I had no idea i could get it anywhere else except from Mo.
I got the Tabac and another. Ive had my SAD under control for over a year. Now Ive slid down the slippery slope once again.

Compared to last years SE (I have a Ketoret) - is it any slicker or does it really produce move volume for cushion? Now i am kicking myself for missing the drop with the lavender.
Slickness is similar but the residual is where the big difference is- and its a more dense lather. You can keep taking passes over a single area and your skin is still protected.

I couldnt take it any more. I bought from WCS as they sell Grooming Dept. I had no idea i could get it anywhere else except from Mo.
I got the Tabac and another. Ive had my SAD under control for over a year. Now Ive slid down the slippery slope once again.
Think WCS has the Kairos base soaps. Those aren't SE so a little bit different. Still really good, though. You'll have to wait until Pasteur gets a drop of the new base and i think The Razor Company is getting some in the next couple weeks.

The next drop from Mo i believe will be the new Mallards sometime in early Spring. I bought a pair of them last Spring and loved them.

I can't add much too what has already been mentioned. I have been "wet shaving" for about 40 years. Kairos SE exceeds all my expectations in regard to slickness, cushion and post shave comfort. When they hit TRC or Pasteur, I plan to purchase a few "back up" pucks and an additional AS I failed to purchase on the original drop. Also looking forward to additional Mallards. I'm down to about 1/2 a puck of Mallard Almond Vanilla from the last Mallard drop. Kairos SE and Mallard will always have a prominent part of my den (bathroom :) )

This tub has 6 shaves already. Mo is overfilling them. An empty tub is ~ 1.26 oz. This was at least 6 oz of product and not the advertised 4 on the label. Cost-wise this is not at all different than what the other artisans are charging and its a better product. Definitely getting at least another from Pasteur.

View attachment 1610592
This came "finally" after I ordered on the initial drop, I didn't order the Ousia II and the presentation is a disaster and sure isn't 4 0z. I ordered skin serum but I'm just going to keep this, I'm sure it's a good soap. It says 2022 on the tub and it's very hard.

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_171201338.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230225_171201338.MP.jpg
    779.1 KB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20230225_170418776.jpg
    PXL_20230225_170418776.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 52
The soaps from this drop seems to be lasting longer than usual. A divot would have formed after 6 uses and I don't see it, yet. Pretty sure my tub has more than 4 oz of soap, it was probably pushing closer to 6 oz when it was new. I dont quite have an empty tub to tear the weight to prove it.
But i hear you- they last about as long as the other artisan soaps do, probably 40 shaves a tub and you can extend that out even more if you're a cheap loader.
I agree. This batch of soap is denser than previous releases.

I do have a mallard gelato that I never got into from last year. Will finish a coconut rum soon.

In the past, Mohammad has produced the Mallard soap base with gourmand scents. Thus, you get flavors like coffee, tea, chocolate, rum, fruits, etc. I do not know if he plans to stick with that plan on the upcoming release. We will have to wait and see.

This came "finally" after I ordered on the initial drop, I didn't order the Ousia II and the presentation is a disaster and sure isn't 4 0z. I ordered skin serum but I'm just going to keep this, I'm sure it's a good soap. It says 2022 on the tub and it's very hard.
Ok, for what it’s worth, he’s known to have curing and pouring issues. It’s not my first rodeo with GD but the bases are good. Here is a pic of a brand new Le Tabac Kairos and it must have lost a lot during the cure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
Ok, for what it’s worth, he’s known to have curing and pouring issues. It’s not my first rodeo with GD but the bases are good. Here is a pic of a brand new Le Tabac Kairos and it must have lost a lot during the cure.
Can't see a number on the scale, what you got?

Maybe Mo threw in that tub of OII as a way of saying sorry for the delay in shipping. Did you try to get in touch with him to see what happened? That tub is kind of messy looking. I'd have that looking pristine within two minutes with a damp finger tip and a bit of pressure. I've had tubs like that and my OCD kicked in to fix it.

In the past, Mohammad has produced the Mallard soap base with gourmand scents. Thus, you get flavors like coffee, tea, chocolate, rum, fruits, etc. I do not know if he plans to stick with that plan on the upcoming release. We will have to wait and see.
He listed them a while back on IG but I can't find the posting. Pretty sure they're gourmand-y- one of them is coconut fig. The base itself was also very amazing. I thought it was better than original Kairos. I still have some left from last year that I need to finish up. The mallards are fun soaps.

Maybe Mo threw in that tub of OII as a way of saying sorry for the delay in shipping. Did you try to get in touch with him to see what happened? That tub is kind of messy looking. I'd have that looking pristine within two minutes with a damp finger tip and a bit of pressure. I've had tubs like that and my OCD kicked in to fix it.
Actually my alligator mouth got ahead of my peabird brain, as my Dad used to say, yes the tub was thrown in. Mo reached out to me when he saw my post and was very gracious in explaining what I should have known. Standup guy!!! I did the same thing in reference to B&M soft series "Roam"; I posted ' who would make such a scent in a shaving soap"? Oh, how wrong I was again. The scent went from a negative to a+10. I love it. Thanks again Mo,

Top Bottom