What's new

Grooming Dept club

It will be difficult to really get rid of everything else. I have some other soaps that I am very fond of but they just don't compare how wonderful my face feels after shaving with GD. I am not one to usually get swept up in hype. But, I just don't see myself reaching for my old soaps.

I shaved with Sangre de Naranja this morning. I was very skeptical of the scent notes of Orange and Leather because it is a really odd combination. After giving it a try, the scent really works and is probably my 2nd favorite.

10 seconds of loading on the puck, 45 seconds of lathering and copious water dribbled in:

View attachment 932384

How do you like that Timeless bowl? I almost always lather off the puck, but I've heard really good things about that bowl

After receiving two orders of GD soaps, it has jumped to the top of my list, even past WK. The donkey milk base for Wholly Kaw had been my #1, but GD has even better post shave for me. Incense and Rose and Tao are my favorites of the standard releases, but Chypre Vert is the best soap I've ever used. It's in his Lusso base which is very soft. I've never had a soap that is so forgiving and gives so much lather. No matter how much water you add it just gets slicker and richer.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I just ordered Before the Fire (re-stocked it looks like) to see for myself what all the hub-bub is about. Hopefully it wont take too long...

Looking forward to it!

Nice move @Bad Badger for starting this thread!

Just placed another order. I started with GroomingDept right when Mohammad got going almost 20 months ago now. The problem is I had a den full of other soaps. Mike’s, Mystic, B&M and on. Lots and lots of soaps over the years. I finally purged them.

I am soap free except for GroomingDept now. I have to be as there’s nothing (for me, ymmv, etc) that produces such an amazing prep, shave & post...and yes, they all get delivered just fine!

I've been hooked on Grooming Dept soaps and giving them lots of praise since they were first introduced. They were noticeably better than the others I've tried and my face hasn't felt this good since I was a newborn. A very obvious change for the better with my skin. The soaps have gotten even better with several new formulas bettering some of the previous ones.

At this point my shave den consists mainly (about 90%) of Grooming Dept and Tallow & Steel soaps. I've found that these two soaps have the greatest positive effect on my skin with a major change coming withing a few days and after a week or two the difference is like night and day.

The others I have from Declaration Grooming, Wholly Kaw, and Sudsy Soapery I've been trying to use up but I really should just put them aside.

I will keep a few other soaps because I really enjoy the scents (PannaCrema Nuavia, Martin de Candre) but Grooming Dept and Tallow & Steel are the majority of what I'll be buying going forward.

Ordered 3 new soaps earlier today:

Before the Fire
Verbrandt
Mallard Chai

About 30 minutes ago I got the shipping notification! Great job Mo!

I have almost every soap he’s made. They’re at the top of my den. The only soaps in the same discussion are B&M Reserve, the Nuavias, SV 4.3 (good performance, but incredibly good scents), and T&S. But, GD is just alone at the top.

I used Kolnisch today. Easily the best vegan soap I’ve ever used. Unbelievable slickness. Perhaps a tad below his tallow and DF offerings and the Nuavias for post-shave. But, in my IMHO, I’d have to give the clear vegan crown to Kolnisch.

How do you like that Timeless bowl? I almost always lather off the puck, but I've heard really good things about that bowl
It is an excellent bowl. I am usually dance latherer but with GD I want to keep adding water and the bowl is great for that. It is deep and wide enough to contain the lather. Plastic so it won’t break when you inevitably drop it.

Top tier. My favourites are:
Yuzu
Neroli di Bois
Magnolia

I didn't like Mallard since I don't like cocoa scents. I still have some WK soaps, including the wonderful King of Oud, but I've sold off all my T&S, DG and B&M except Reserve Cool. Too many "nearly there" soaps, some outright misses and a couple of disasters.

Being in Europe, I'm a big fan of Eufros, SV, Pannacrema, Boellis, PdP and Wickhams.

Top tier. My favourites are:
Yuzu
Neroli di Bois
Magnolia

I didn't like Mallard since I don't like cocoa scents. I still have some WK soaps, including the wonderful King of Oud, but I've sold off all my T&S, DG and B&M except Reserve Cool. Too many "nearly there" soaps, some outright misses and a couple of disasters.

Being in Europe, I'm a big fan of Eufros, SV, Pannacrema, Boellis, PdP and Wickhams.

No MdC in your European list?

No MdC in your European list?

Not yet - haven't tried it! I'm sure it's good. There are several high dollar soaps at the back of my wanted list like Nuavia and MdC.

My next soaps will be Wickhams since I'm loving Magnum and Cashmere. After that maybe Nanny's Silly Soaps or another Fitjar.

Today I ordered:
Tao
Before the Fire

After previously ordering:
Kolnisch
Lime
Flight
Sandalwood Fig and Musk
After the Fire
Naranje de Sangre
Chypre Vert DFS 2018

And I definitely want Citric and not sure about Mandarin Bay.

Not yet - haven't tried it! I'm sure it's good. There are several high dollar soaps at the back of my wanted list like Nuavia and MdC.

My next soaps will be Wickhams since I'm loving Magnum and Cashmere. After that maybe Nanny's Silly Soaps or another Fitjar.

Nuavia is really nice too. I've been very curious about Nanny's Silly Soap. I'll have to keep an eye on the other soaps you mentioned to learn more about them.

Top Bottom