What's new

Grooming Department New Inventory - That went fast!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
by the time i was checking out, most of what was in my cart was unavailable! anybody able to actually get one?

I was lucky enough to get an Island in the Sun, Incense & Rose and Magnolia & Oud. I was a serious stalker, though, and checked out at 11:01 AM PDT (2:01 PM EDT).

I wouldn’t have minded getting an After the Fire & Verbrannt but I’m not going to plan my day around it. There are plenty of equal and readily available soaps out there and my cabinets are already overflowing.

I created an account before 2pm (EST) and was already logged in at 2. Added Island in the Sun, Sandalwood Fig and Musk, Donkey Chypre Conifere, and Lime into the cart. Checked out with Paypal by 2:03 with everything. Donkey Chylre I had already sampled. Mohammad generously sent me a sample and I loved it and just had to get it again. I had my heart set on a citrus scent too so Lime fit the bill. I was hoping Ambra and Yuzu were going to make a come back but not so far. Both of those were favorites of mine from the samples he sent.

by the time i was checking out, most of what was in my cart was unavailable! anybody able to actually get one?
I was ready and got everything I wanted and more! Here’s my list:

Grooming Department
1. Tao
2. Island in the Sun
3. Sandalwood Fig Musk
4. Mallard Kulfi
5 . Before the Fire
6. Mallard Chai
7. Mallard Earl Grey Gelato
8. Klonisch
9. Magnolia Oud
10. Naranja de Sangre

Hooray!!

Haha,
I too logged in exactly 11:00am pacific coast time.
I made 3 clicks for my 3 purchases.
Went to cart to check out. As I was typing my credit card information on the pay page, one by one each selection was reclassified sold out. Literally removed from my cart as I was paying. What a way to do business! It seems to me once it’s in a cart, it should be spoken for unless removed or tell the purchaser page will time out in a set number of minutes.
But then why should this surprise me with all that has been said about Mohammad’s business model.
Great soaps but not user friendly to make purchases.
Lots of really great soaps in the market place which are much more user friendly to purchase.

I made my first order at 12:02 and got the ones I wanted most. As soon as I finished the order I checked the website and already a few had sold out. So I bought a few more and placed an order at 12:05.

At 12:05 I checked the website again and most of the selections were got but I was still able to get 2 more I wanted. I was amazed how fast they went!

I have my pay info stored in Google wallet for really quick checkout on one of my Android devices. I also had created an account earlier today and was logged in prior to the soaps dropping.

I think the quick sales are an obvious reflection of the demand for Grooming Dept soaps. Other vendors have also had the issue where items in a shopping cart are no longer available. That seems to be a flaw with the ecommerce partner and not something that is configurable by the business utilizing the platform.

I have my pay info stored in Google wallet for really quick checkout on one of my Android devices. I also had created an account earlier today and was logged in prior to the soaps dropping.

I think the quick sales are an obvious reflection of the demand for Grooming Dept soaps. Other vendors have also had the issue where items in a shopping cart are no longer available. That seems to be a flaw with the ecommerce partner and not something that is configurable by the business utilizing the platform.
I think the quick sales (and subsequent sell outs) are more a result of small supply than huge demand.

Haha,
I too logged in exactly 11:00am pacific coast time.
I made 3 clicks for my 3 purchases.
Went to cart to check out. As I was typing my credit card information on the pay page, one by one each selection was reclassified sold out. Literally removed from my cart as I was paying. What a way to do business! It seems to me once it’s in a cart, it should be spoken for unless removed or tell the purchaser page will time out in a set number of minutes.
But then why should this surprise me with all that has been said about Mohammad’s business model.
Great soaps but not user friendly to make purchases.
Lots of really great soaps in the market place which are much more user friendly to purchase.

Cc: @Nick Weepers

On another forum, Mo said he would have many of his selections restocked next week in addition to the WCS stock.... FYI.

The release wasn't random. It was announced a week (or more ago), time and everything. It's one guy who probably does something else for a living and probably can't make large quantities. I wasn't doing anything today, so I was at the computer at the right time. The random brush and razor drops are worse...you need to use software notifiers or get REALLY lucky to get one...and some of the same people get them every single drop.

My first order to see what all the hype is. Set a reminder to login and I was able to successfully check out by 11:02 with After the Fire and Chypre Conifère. Hold on for the ride!

Top Bottom