What's new

Grooming Department New Inventory - That went fast!

I have been communicating with Mohammad as I was a little frustrated by the time all the tallow/duck fat/tallow & duck fat soaps sold out - a little under 4 minutes if anyone is interested.

The WCS site will get the shipment towards the end of the week apparently. So good luck all.

I was most frustrated by those people who were allowed to purchase nearly ever scent and type of soap (some posters on here). I believe GD should limit the amount people can buy, as that would make it a little fairer.
Sorry you’re frustrated but you dont have to throw shade my way. I missed out on many of his releases before, this time I tried to be ready.

So to help you for next time I’ll tell you exactly how I did it, if you care.

1. Already have a Grooming Department account and be signed up for emails. That way you won’t have to take the time to register with soaps in the cart

2. Know what you want so you can quickly add the soaps(obvious)

3. Have all your payment info already set up. I use PayPal and have a default card already set, because of this I completed my first order at 11:02.

If you want, message me as to what your 2 soaps that you wanted and I’ll sell them to you(if I have them)for the posted price plus shipping.

I was able to set up the account and check out with 4 soaps today.

Incense and Rose
Chypre Conifer
Islands in the Sun
Magnolia Oud

Will likely give one or two as Christmas gifts to family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry you’re frustrated but you dont have to throw shade my way. I missed out on many of his releases before, this time I tried to be ready.

So to help you for next time I’ll tell you exactly how I did it, if you care.

1. Already have a Grooming Department account and be signed up for emails. That way you won’t have to take the time to register with soaps in the cart

2. Know what you want so you can quickly add the soaps(obvious)

3. Have all your payment info already set up. I use PayPal and have a default card already set, because of this I completed my first order at 11:02.

If you want, message me as to what your 2 soaps that you wanted and I’ll sell them to you(if I have them)for the posted price plus shipping.

I wasn't calling you out, I'm sorry it came across that way Sir. If you read my later posts, I was/am a little frustrated with the system - being GD know their soaps are extremely popular, know that MANY people will be waiting to snap them up the second they are released, yet do not put a limit on the amount a person can order. But whatever, it is what it is. Also = I used the exact same method you describe above, I guess I was just really unlucky.

Peace, enjoy the soaps, PM sent. Sorry if I offended anyone else, not my intention.

I had to create an account and frantically did so. I wound up with Before the Fire and Magnolia and Oud. Interesting to think that if I went with a different combo if I could have checked out before sold out as it seems you can get in a sold out cycle and wind up with nothing. Lucky to be able to give these a try.

Letting users lock products isn't normally done as someone could go in and put 500 in their cart, jamming up sales and frustrating potential buyers.
Of course, locking a product up for a few minutes between being added to the cart and payment would require quantity limits, too.

My internet connection failed me at exactly the wrong time. I had 3 items in my cart and lost the GD site, then lost all connections from all devices in the home for 30 minutes. No idea how that happens. No reason to complain though; worst things have happened and this is all just more stuff to fill our homes with.

Congrats to those who managed to get some! Hopefully WCS will be receiving a larger amount of product than was stocked at the initial release. :thumbup:

I wasn't calling you out, I'm sorry it came across that way Sir. If you read my later posts, I was/am a little frustrated with the system - being GD know their soaps are extremely popular, know that MANY people will be waiting to snap them up the second they are released, yet do not put a limit on the amount a person can order. But whatever, it is what it is. Also = I used the exact same method you describe above, I guess I was just really unlucky.

Peace, enjoy the soaps, PM sent. Sorry if I offended anyone else, not my intention.

Dont sweat it. Considering yourself lucky not being able to get any soap. There are a lot more great soaps out there from other brands that you can readily get. Plus its probably better to stick with an artisan that doesn't always have to change there base. Its soap guys, were not reinventing the wheel here.

Dont sweat it. Considering yourself lucky not being able to get any soap. There are a lot more great soaps out there from other brands that you can readily get. Plus its probably better to stick with an artisan that doesn't always have to change there base. Its soap guys, were not reinventing the wheel here.
+1!

Yeah, I think Im going to take that advice. A really kind forum member has offered me some of the duck fat Earl Grey Gelato - that was my first choice. Ive been after that soap for months. When I get it, that will probably be my one and only GD soap. Ill go back to WK, DG, Oleo, that kinda stuff.

I researched what scents I was going to buy the night before and woke up 5 mins before the drop. I added all the soaps into my cart and paid (received e-mail confirmation from paypal + grooming dept at 11:02am). I ended up picking up the following:

Wonderland
Kulfi
Tao
Naranja de Sangre
After the Fire
Before the Fire
Island in the Sun

One thing to note is that the announcement was made weeks in advance so everyone was going to be on it. Anyone who is basically complaining should go look at some threads about personalized top soaps and see how many people mention Grooming Dept (there are a ton). Both Talbots, Wolfman, and basically all artisan etsy brush makers sell out very quickly and sometimes it's just a bit of luck.

The one without a doubt that was going to sell the fastest and more than likely would be the target soap for any collector would have been the Island in the Sun (since it was listed as LE). The rest of the soaps I would think will be available during the WCS drop.

Dont worry if you missed out. They will come out with a new base that all the master soap testing experts will say is the best ever. If u dont believe me then believe the hype

Top Bottom