What's new

Grooming Department New Inventory - That went fast!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Really wanted the Incense and Rose (cradle Catholic), but was a few minutes too late. Great business model! If anyone snagged one, I’d be happy to pay a premium for it.

Finished checking out at 11:02 PST. Got one of everything I wanted except for Before the Fire. It vanished from my cart right at checkout. I have no idea how much inventory he makes; I can only tell you his soaps are truly extraordinary. And, these today are supposed to be better than the last couple batches.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
His business model is truly extraordinary too!
upload_2018-10-28_17-6-39.gif

Finished checking out at 11:02 PST. Got one of everything I wanted except for Before the Fire. It vanished from my cart right at checkout. I have no idea how much inventory he makes; I can only tell you his soaps are truly extraordinary. And, these today are supposed to be better than the last couple batches.

Obviously they would say this is better then last batches. No artisan would release soap and say this "new base" is worst then my last.

I was able to snag Island in the Sun and Tao. Sandalwood Fig Musk was sold out during check out. That was the one I wanted the most...grrr.

Last edited:
Too bad, I Gave up on trying to get a tub of this soap. I’m sure it’s great but right now I can order soaps from at least 5 other excellent micro soap makers that are small cutting edge companies. If grooming dept. wants to make it this tuff oh well.

I was one tap away from an order and decided not to get yet another soap I don't need.
I agree that having it in your cart should reserve it for a few minutes, like how ticket websites reserve them for ten minutes so you can complete the checkout.

I got 3 soaps, all that I wanted. It was easy using paypal especially since I had to create an account which took at least 2 minutes.
I don't see any reason why somebody missed if they actually started at 2:00 PM (EST) exactly and had an account.

I am taking the forum's word that this stuff is good because aside from today's experience it's a pain in the *** to acquire.

I have been communicating with Mohammad as I was a little frustrated by the time all the tallow/duck fat/tallow & duck fat soaps sold out - a little under 4 minutes if anyone is interested.

The WCS site will get the shipment towards the end of the week apparently. So good luck all.

I was most frustrated by those people who were allowed to purchase nearly ever scent and type of soap (some posters on here). I believe GD should limit the amount people can buy, as that would make it a little fairer.

I was ready and got everything I wanted and more! Here’s my list:

Grooming Department
1. Tao
2. Island in the Sun
3. Sandalwood Fig Musk
4. Mallard Kulfi
5 . Before the Fire
6. Mallard Chai
7. Mallard Earl Grey Gelato
8. Klonisch
9. Magnolia Oud
10. Naranja de Sangre

Hooray!!

Happy you got your 10 soaps. I only wanted two and got none. Enjoy!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Creating an account put me behind on what I wanted. Luckily I purchased Island in the Sun and Flight before they were sold out. If I owned that company my second, third, fourth and fifth pours would be yesterday.

I have been communicating with Mohammad as I was a little frustrated by the time all the tallow/duck fat/tallow & duck fat soaps sold out - a little under 4 minutes if anyone is interested.

The WCS site will get the shipment towards the end of the week apparently. So good luck all.

I was most frustrated by those people who were allowed to purchase nearly ever scent and type of soap (some posters on here). I believe GD should limit the amount people can buy, as that would make it a little fairer.
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Grooming Dept. Instead of trying to create new scents and bases, why not provide enough of the "old stuff" for the people that may not have had the chance to purchase the soap the first time around? This is isn't the tech industry. You don't need to innovate to stay at or near the top of the heap to stay ahead. It's all about having a good product and maintaining loyalty by responding to the desires of your customer base. I have sold almost all of my Grooming Dept. and I kind of doubt that I'll exert the energy to try to track down any subsequent releases. It's too bad, I think his soaps are very good...

Last edited:
I was able to get Island in the Sun, Tao, Before the Fire, After the Fire, and Verbrannt. I loaded the site at exactly 2 added the soaps I knew I would want and had to create an account, but checked out with PayPal. My order was completed at 2:02 and I got everything I ordered. Excited to try everything!

I was able to get Island in the Sun, Tao, Before the Fire, After the Fire, and Verbrannt. I loaded the site at exactly 2 added the soaps I knew I would want and had to create an account, but checked out with PayPal. My order was completed at 2:02 and I got everything I ordered. Excited to try everything!

I'm happy for you, I really am as everyone has a right to purchase what they want. The fault is with the vendor. With so little stock available, you and many others should have been limited to 2 purchases. I guess it doesn't matter to them though - as a sale is a sale, but it leaves a terrible taste in the mouth.

I spoke to the vendor and he did make a very large amount of soap. It wasn't that these were scarce but more that it's been a very long time since the last release and the demand was very, very high.

As far as the site goes, the way it's setup isn't all that different from and other site. Letting users lock products isn't normally done as someone could go in and put 500 in their cart, jamming up sales and frustrating potential buyers.

With any hard to get items you need to have your accounts set up and your PayPal info entered so that you're only a couple quick clicks to check out.

I didn't buy nearly as many as some but I was able to get the few that I really wanted.

I spoke to the vendor and he did make a very large amount of soap. It wasn't that these were scarce but more that it's been a very long time since the last release and the demand was very, very high.

As far as the site goes, the way it's setup isn't all that different from and other site. Letting users lock products isn't normally done as someone could go in and put 500 in their cart, jamming up sales and frustrating potential buyers.

With any hard to get items you need to have your accounts set up and your PayPal info entered so that you're only a couple quick clicks to check out.

I didn't buy nearly as many as some but I was able to get the few that I really wanted.

The whole stock was hard to get. I had my account set up, and PayPal. All I wanted was 2 soaps (Earl Grey Gelato and After The Fire) when I failed with those at 2 minutes passed the hour, I tried my third choice, the Sandalwood Fig Musk at 3 minutes passed the hour. Boom. Gone. See why I'm frustrated?

The whole stock was hard to get. I had my account set up, and PayPal. All I wanted was 2 soaps (Earl Grey Gelato and After The Fire) when I failed with those at 2 minutes passed the hour, I tried my third choice, the Sandalwood Fig Musk at 3 minutes passed the hour. Boom. Gone. See why I'm frustrated?

Of course, I've had the same thing happen to me many times in trying to get some of the more difficult items. It definitely sucks as I've had the feeling that I missed out several times.

I've learned that I need to refresh the site until the exact moment it goes live, get what I need in my cart as fast as I possibly can, and complete the checkout process as fast as I can after having everything set up well ahead of time. Deciding what you want at this moment will result in you getting nothing. It's sometimes best to get less items as well as being greedy takes more time and you risk getting nothing at all. Or get in with a small order then go back in for a second one if time permits.

I've missed several razor launches by seconds. You get the item in your cart and think you're good to go until that very last second. It feels like someone stole it from you. One time I stayed at work an hour later than normal, as I didn't want to risk getting stuck in traffic and missing it. I jumped in to get a hard to get item (a very small batch soap that was made every few months by a hobbiest) and did everything absolutely perfectly and still missed out as it sold out completely in 17 seconds. I probably missed that one by a tenth of a second. I guess it wasn't meant to be that day. Anyone that owns any of the hard to get items (without shelling out crazy money to get them) has likely experienced this.

Top Bottom