What's new

Grooming Department- "Laundry II" vs "Soap"

For those of you who may have tried both of these soaps, would you please compare and contrast the scent? I have recently tried Laundry II and the scent is stronger than I prefer. It smells to me more like a strongly scented fabric softener or detergent, rather than the fresh, clean smell of warm laundry when removed from the dryer. Thanks

The Westcoast Shaving Youtube channel has two videos called

Soap Shaving Soap by Grooming Dept. | The Daily Shave

Laundry II Shaving Soap by Grooming Dept | The Daily Shave

I have both and agree that Laundry II is a bit too fragrant. I'd rate it 12/10. If you have a full tub, I'd leave it open for a while to see if the scent dissipates. If you have a bit of a sample left, put it in a lather bowl and let it sit overnight. I think the scent Soap is more like a nicely scented bar of soap which I'd rate 6/10.

Another thought is to get Pura and mix the two.

I have both and agree that Laundry II is a bit too fragrant. I'd rate it 12/10. If you have a full tub, I'd leave it open for a while to see if the scent dissipates. If you have a bit of a sample left, put it in a lather bowl and let it sit overnight. I think the scent Soap is more like a nicely scented bar of soap which I'd rate 6/10.

Another thought is to get Pura and mix the two.

The GD soaps are too pricey in EU. How are they? Have you the tried the Kairos SE version?

The GD soaps are too pricey in EU. How are they? Have you the tried the Kairos SE version?
IMO, GD soaps are definitely top tier soaps with the Kairos SE being the finest offerings. The post shave skin care is excellent which separates them from lesser priced soaps. Being in the EU, I'd look at soaps from Los Jabones De Joserra(ES). I think their soaps are on equal ground with GD. Another maker I'd look at is WestMan Shaving(PT)

Top Bottom