What's new

Grooming Department - a newbie's experience

I don't get the "gamey" comments... the only gamey one I ever had was Tacit (unscented) and you could easily smell the tallow.[/QUOTE said:
Tacit's underlying tallow odor is quite potent (that is the unscented tallow Primus base), I'm wondering if adding a bit of a scented soap or cream (something like Proraso White or Green - or TOBS' Jermyn Street for example) to the mix would help mask that funky smell, just to make the shaving experience more pleasant. Performance, though, is top-notch.

I don't get the "gamey" comments... the only gamey one I ever had was Tacit (unscented) and you could easily smell the tallow.[/QUOTE said:
Tacit's underlying tallow odor is quite potent (that is the unscented tallow Primus base), I'm wondering if adding a bit of a scented soap or cream (something like Proraso White or Green - or TOBS' Jermyn Street for example) to the mix would help mask that funky smell, just to make the shaving experience more pleasant. Performance, though, is top-notch.

It honestly never bothered me. I've long since sold that puck off and now just own GD scented soaps from the latest batch.

Does the unscented duck or vegan have a scent? I wouldn’t mind one that smells soapy.

The unscented duck fat soap (Pekin), has a very slight funk coming from the duck fat presumably, but it is not bothersome at all, you wouldn't notice it at all during the shave. The unscented vegan soap (clarus) has no smell or odor, it is pure and clean. Neither would smell 'soapy', I wish they did as I love that 'soapy' smell.

We have to wait and see how the new Asinus, his unscented vegan base with donkey milk, would smell.

Top Bottom