What's new

Groom manly gift ideas (razor, soap, pen, whiskey...)

Guys,

A great friend of mine is going to be getting married and i wanted to put together a great a memorable gift for him. I was thinking a bunch of smaller items like a mans gift basket. I was going to start with his official Man Card (but dont show the wife or she'll take it away) and then other things like:

• Good starter razor (EJ89) and blades
  • mug, soap, etc
  • Fountain pen (he's an english major)
  • maybe some scotch (smallish bottle but something good)
  • Whiskey stones?

I'm still trying to think of more, i dont want to break the bank on any one item but i may get the groomsmen to go in on it so we dont have to be cheap either. i dont mind throwing some humorous or novelty items in either. tobacco products are out just based on family history. Any other great ideas?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... I was thinking a bunch of smaller items like a mans gift basket. ...

The other option, of course, is one (or two) big-ticket items.

I guess it all boils down to his personal preferences. No point getting him an all-leather golf bag if he doesn't golf.

If it were me, I'd much prefer one or two high-end, timeless and durable items ... a really nice fountain pen for example, customised to show the date of the marriage. But unless your friend is really into Japanese fountain pens, he'd probably be just as impressed with a Lamy Safari.

Some other ideas:
An engraved flask.
Maybe pool some money together to get him a nice watch.
Shaving brush
A nice crystal decanter for the scotch.

^^ yeah - I was going to say a really nice brush would make a fantastic gift.

they last a long time and bring great pleasure to the user.

Dont buy those stone whiskey stones. I got a bunch of those this last Christmas, and they don't work well. I also go some Sky Bar Whiskey Cubes that are excellent!

$NBSKWA1010_1_4859_2_28602.JPG

A store called things remembered has tons of relatively inexpensive manly gifts that you can have engraved with whatever you want. Several options, most under $100 engraved.

Every man should have a pewter hipflask. Add a bottle of really nice malt and you've got the perfect gift.
The one pictures is either not quite photographed properly or not quite sufficiently high quality, but to give you the idea. Stainless steel is a far less tactile material. Go with pewter

Attachments

• $hipflask.jpg
    $hipflask.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 29
One year, as my buddy's best man, he and his wife got me a wallet from an online company called "The big skinny".
This thing is so awesome. Kind of stretchy but no bulky wallet.
It lasted for 5 years and I ordered a new one last fall.

I'm all for a good engraved Zippo too. I gave those to my groomsmen and most of them still have them and mention to me how much they appreciated them even 10 years later. That's a pretty awesome gift your giving your friend BTW!

Top Bottom