What's new

Grokking pomade.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I was wandering through Maggard's B&M, saw tins of Dapper Dan and had to get one (yellow, not red). I'm a convert. It'll last me a long time and I'm not two weeks from everywhere, but maybe I'll order up some Murray's.

Good stuff. I've paid more for a soda than that can of Murray's, which looks like it'll last a lifetime! I'm still just getting the slightest amount from the lid!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thats about the time to order a few tins as backup😂

Yeah. No.

I did that with the thousand-pack of Dorco Prime blades ... Now I'm going to be pleading with St. Peter someday for more time ...

Seriously, the stuff seems to do hands some good also, in the nature of Vermont Bag Balm, another superlative grease product.

AA

Bag Balm is the greatest - I never fugured to try it as a hair pomade. Just keep thinking!
BB is great for dry or chapped skin. I've even used it for long bicycle rides "down there". It's does have a unique smell that I don't think would be welcome in a hair product.

I've even used it to reduce scaring once the injury has closed.

BB is great for dry or chapped skin. I've even used it for long bicycle rides "down there".
In the past I was a race horse groom, and my fingers were horribly cracked and bleeding from the various poultices we used. And oldtimer at a feed barn saw them and said BB would take care of it, and by the end of the week they were much improved. I've been a believer ever since, and yes it's much better than any cyclist's butt butter on the market.

It's does have a unique smell that I don't think would be welcome in a hair product.
You never know, some folks might find that medicated farm animal smell to be alluring. I've known more than one lady who liked the smell of gasoline on my skin.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Bag Balm is the greatest - I never fugured to try it as a hair pomade. Just keep thinking!

Dudes! I never put BB in my hair! :letterk1: I mean, you could. Ingredients are not far different from Murray's Lite.

Since BB has a mild antibiotic, it's got a ton of other uses though. Cuticles, ears, etc.

I did successfully use hyaluronic acid as a pomade and it's wonderful! Makes hair very soft. $$, is all.

AA

Top Bottom