What's new

Grocery Shopping Bags

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My first test run at 7:00 AM this morning with the new bags....more like boxes that fold flat. All I needed was 3 bags to pack everything into them. I opened all three up quickly and started loading them up as each item came down the conveyor. No more fumbling with a limp canvas bag so i used two hands instead of one. The cashier usually helps when there's no bag person available and she did nothing other than ring up each item and hand me a receipt. I stood the eggs on end and packed stuff around the carton to hold it up. No more separate bag for eggs. These things are the bomb.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Not outlawed in Texas just Marxist Austin.

I thought it was hipster Austin....no?

Single use plastic bags have now been banned here in NZ at the start of the year.
The supermarket I shop at most are selling lifetime bags for $1. If they get damaged, they replace for free.
So I got a heap of those for now. But do like your heavier bag.
They sell a heavier grade plastic reusable bag at the moment but it sound like the government is going to ban bags under a certain micron as well.

My adjustment issue is the spot shopping to pick up a few items. I would prefer the returned the good old fashion paper bags for those, oh I forgot my bag situation. It will then be used again to light the BBQ. :)

I've got a decent sized nylon shopping bag that stuffs into an integrated pocket no bigger than a small fist. Always in the messenger bag that's permanently hanging from my shoulder, just in case it's overflows due to spontaneous shopping or more stuff to carry than anticipated.
dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
There is not much to a plastic bag. Takes a fair more bit of inputs to make a cotton bag. I'm not sure if we have the direction correct on this.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I thought it was hipster Austin....no?

Single use plastic bags have now been banned here in NZ at the start of the year.
The supermarket I shop at most are selling lifetime bags for $1. If they get damaged, they replace for free.
So I got a heap of those for now. But do like your heavier bag.
They sell a heavier grade plastic reusable bag at the moment but it sound like the government is going to ban bags under a certain micron as well.

My adjustment issue is the spot shopping to pick up a few items. I would prefer the returned the good old fashion paper bags for those, oh I forgot my bag situation. It will then be used again to light the BBQ. :)
Yep, old school hipster hippy things are now conservative ideas. Go figure. We still have paper bags (mainly at the liquor stores). I bought the bags above for ease of use and practically. I'm sure they'll last for years.

Top Bottom