What's new

Griffith Shaving Goods pig tallow soap

Ok, I'm way late to this...too late, as the product is being discontinued and blown out now. But I was able to snag a tub of their West Indian Bay & Tahitian Lime before it sold out. I tried it this morning. WOW!! This is some great stuff. It's a shame they're no longer making it. There are a few scents left. I was hoping to get a tub of barbershop, but it's all gone. I wish I had tried mine sooner. I would have bought a backup tub. 5oz for $9...highly recommended while the remaining stock lasts.

IMG_8166.jpg

Lard makes great shaving soap, I used my sandalwood scented one this morning since I'm on the road for Thanksgiving. Super nice lather. Sadly, I'll have to toss mine before I use it up since it's going rancid (all the soap I made from that particular batch of lard died early), but I'll make more.

Too bad it's out of production!

Have heard of Griffith Soaps but never pulled the trigger. Too bad they are closing down shop.

Have a tub of Wickhams Super Smooth Club Cola that has lard in the formula, not sure if its superior to any other tallows, but it does make a nice lather.

Lard makes great shaving soap, I used my sandalwood scented one this morning since I'm on the road for Thanksgiving. Super nice lather. Sadly, I'll have to toss mine before I use it up since it's going rancid (all the soap I made from that particular batch of lard died early), but I'll make more.

Too bad it's out of production!
Pork lard makes a great bath soap as well. Thankfully I haven't had any I've made go rancid.

Lard will make a much better lather IMHO.

But as some of you noticed, they are more fragile WRT becoming rancid and losing their scent. A real shame because I find them that much better...

Top Bottom