What's new

Grieving the loss of my Mom

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Hello Friends,

I have been away for a bit here in 2014 as I have dealt with personal issues and now I am faced with another major part of my life as my Mother passed away last week and we laid her to rest in peace in a old country cemetery on a beautiful hillside in rural Indiana. The Church where she and my Dear Old Dad were married over 56 years ago. Surrounded by Family and Friends it was a beautiful send off for an awesome lady. I related the following in a story to the assembled crowd at her funeral service:

Well over 50 years ago an event happened that shaped my life and I wasn't even there to experience it..........
A Gentleman named Tom Monroe had gotten his Ford Model T stuck in the mud at the Harrison County Indiana Fairgrounds. A small group of local teenagers descended on the scene...among them a 14 year old young lady Deanna Harmon (my Mother) from Depauw Indiana, and a 15 year old young man Eddie Fisher(my Dad) from Crandall Indiana, came to his aid. This would be the FIRST time they ever met.

And they pushed, and they pulled, and they struggled, and they succeeded by working TOGETHER to free that Model T from the mud.

Deanna & Eddie went on to attend and graduate TOGETHER from North Central High School and married shortly after graduation.
And they pushed, and they pulled, and they struggled, and they succeeded by working TOGETHER for a LIFETIME.

Rest in Peace Mom

I went through that in 2002. Losing the one person who will always love you despite anything you do is a tough one. My deepest sympathies.

Truly sorry to hear about your loss, Mike. That's a great memory of your parents - just goes to show you that if you want to go far, you need to work as a team.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Mike, we offer our deepest condolences to you on the death of your deeply beloved Mother. That is a wonderful story you told, one that we all should take to heart and learn from.

TL

Mike, I am sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 12 years ago at a much too young 67. He and mom would have been married 58 years August last. Time is the healer but it doesn't help much now. I would like to leave you with this benediction.

The Lord bless you, and keep you;

The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;

The Lord lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.

So sorry for your loss. Thhs is always more difficult around the holidays. Sounds like 2014 is a year on which you'll be glad to turn the page. Hope 2015 is better for you.

So sorry for your loss. My sympathies are with you and your loved ones. That story you told is a tremendous tribute.

You have my deepest sympathies and condolences. I am a failed Catholic, but I do believe in a merciful God. I like to think that, at times like this, He wraps us in his arms to shield us from the pain of these trials, until such time as we can compose ourselves to face them directly.

God Bless . . .

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing her story with us. It's nice to see you here again. You have been missed.

Loosing a parent is tough. Over time you learn how to deal with the grief but you still miss them. My mom passed away in 1992 at 54. I still miss her all these years later but I have learned how to live with it.

My thoughts are with you.

Sorry for your loss.

Your eulogy was touching, heartfelt and sweet. Thank you for sharing it here.

Top Bottom