What's new

Griddle-Q decisions, need some help & suggesions

I won't be picking it up for a while, but a Griddle-Q GQ120, Nordic Ware Cheese Grilling Dome, Dexter Russell Scraper and puck of Provence Sante thrown in just because I can, have all been ordered.

Now I gotta make a road trip to pick them up along with a bunch of other USA goodies and snacks.

I can't wait to put it all to use...Grill some eggs on the Griddle, use the dome to steam them, scrape the griddle clean when I'm done and go in for a Provence Sante shave!
$uploadfromtaptalk1399562001447.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1399562010118.jpg

Last edited:
Breaking in the Griddle-Q tonight with some elevated grilled cheese sandwiches

So far its not bending, warping, sticking and seems to hear up quickly.

$uploadfromtaptalk1406328272886.jpg

I understand wanting stainless, I understand wanting a large cooking area, I understand raised sides to keep onions from falling off... But why not stop by a restaurant supply store and pick up a half or quarter stainless sheet pan for about 20 bucks or less?

I wanted something heavier duty then a cooking pan and as you said, taller sides. The size was specific and made for a BBQ and will last me many years if taken care of. The handles on the Griddle-Q also made it very easy to remove from the BBQ when it was time to transport, grease tray so it's not all caught in the food and elevated to give a buffer.

Not many restaurant supply stores where I am, or at least that I know of...and the one you linked, is almost what I paid for mine on sale (not including duty and taxes that may be added if I order it to CAD) and the Griddle-Q is backed by a lifetime warranty. I hope to not have to take advantage of any warranty, but they have been around for a while now so they must be doing something right.

After using it once, I am very happy with my purchase and can see it getting plenty of use. I don't see a SS cookie sheet measuring up to a 10+lb SS Griddle designed for BBQing, but who knows....the Griddle-Q is mine now, so I don't need to compare for myself any longer.

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Nice option.

These have their place too. On the grill I use a stainless steel basket for my veg. I need more of an edge than a sheet pan or stuff will fall out. The comparison between a sheet pan and the grill topper is a bit apples and oranges. I use a deeper Chicago Metal pan when I make roast veg in my oven too. But yes I could do it on a sheet pan. . . again I like the higher edges.

I understand wanting stainless, I understand wanting a large cooking area, I understand raised sides to keep onions from falling off... But why not stop by a restaurant supply store and pick up a half or quarter stainless sheet pan for about 20 bucks or less?
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/half-size-bun-pan-sheet-pan-stainless-steel/327901318SS.html

View attachment 476592

uh oh...I just spotted the Kettle-Q on Amazon.ca for a good price when I was browsing for can openers and other kitchen gadgets :blushing:

$10457470_10152132762842115_6407058097283232875_o.jpg

Last edited:
What size egg is that? I've been flirting with a griddle accessory for my large egg and was going to get the cast iron half moon one but this griddleQ thing has me interested. Like a previous poster I still have my big weber around but almost never use it (other than, surprise, grilling veggies using one of those perforated sheet steel trays). Planning on giving away the weber and getting a Q1200 to pull that duty to save on space and have a portable grill.

That pic was pulled from online, but when I measured my Vision Ceramic and the Kettle-Q dimensions, it fit perfectly.

Best thing to do is, check the Kettle-Q dimensions on "littlegriddle.com" and see if your smoker meets the requirements for surrounding gaps etc.

I ended up ordering the Kettle-Q the other day, so it should be here next week and I'll take a pic on my grill and post some thoughts. If it's anything like the GQ-120, it will be a fun accessory.

Specifications:
Material - 100% Stainless Steel
Dimensions - 17" W x 14" D x 3.5" H
Weight - 11.0 lbs.

From AMAZON:

Product Description

Finally a Stainless Steel Round Griddle that will fit all Kamado Cookers such as Big Green Egg Primo kamado joe weber kettles and smokers and much much more. The KQ17R Griddle (ROUND) works great on kettle or round charcoal grills as well as round gas grills. Insure that there is a minimum 1/2 clearance around the edges.The KQ17R Griddle (ROUND) works great on kettle or round charcoal grills as well as round gas grills. Insure that there is a minimum 1/2 clearance around the edges. All Griddle Q s are solid 12 gauge 430 stainless steel and will not twist or bend due to reinforced cross-bracing. The griddle sets on top of the cooking grids has 4 sidewalls for flipping food and has a full size grease trough. There are hand slots for easy handling and you create a non stick surface with spray cooking oil. Cook entire dinners pankakes bacon sausage eggs even cookies or pizza right on your grill. There is a lifetime guarantee against defects and cleanup is less than a minute right on your grill. No smells smoke or grease in the kitchen! The Kettle Q adds value to your entire grilling experience for breakfast lunch and dinner and costs less than most outdoor cookware sets that it will replace. Also ideal for camping or tailgate parties. Makes a great gift for any avid griller. Stainless Steel Construction. Round shape is perfect for round grills. Sidewalls keep food on griddle. Welded Cross bracing prevents twisting. Cleans up right on the grill. Never sees the kitchen sink. Dimensions: 17 W x 14 D x 3.5 H.

How difficult is it to clean?
Not at all. A flat edge metal scrapper, some water and a paper towel is all I have been using.

I think a scowering pad is also something that would help keep it clean.

After a few uses, mine is clean on the cooking surface and starting to darken around edges and grease tray area.

The Best Outdoor Griddle: 15 Griddles Reviews for 2018

View attachment 476592

Sorry to bring this thread back around...but...

I had an old cast iron roaster tht had a crack in the side

so... cut the roaster down, leaving a 1/2'' lip, then ground the cuts smooth / level
cut thye handles off the old roaster and drill them. to fit the new
in the picture, those screws are temp...gota go to hardware

then i cleaned the griddle with a wire wheel
baked it
cleaned it
seasoned it bake
seasoned again

and cooked pancakes the next morning

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php