What's new

Greetings

Greetings gentlemen,

I'm 65 years old and for the first time in my adult life I've decided to go clean shaven (yes I'm a semi-reconstructed hippie). I started researching the best way to go about this and it became obvious that the plastic things were not the way to go. I have a Mekur HD coming my way and I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.

I have a long term obsession with traditional pocket knives so I imagine the razor thing will follow suit.

I appreciate the civilized atmosphere here and look forward to some interesting exchanges.

Welcome CC--if I may refer to you that way. You'll find lots of information here, and an equal number of folks ready and willing to help answer any questions you may have. If you haven't already poke around in the Wiki for some great tips and information.

My daily driver is a Merkur and I love it. Look forward to seeing you around here more often!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Welcome! Yes, with with your pocket knife urges you may be vulnerable to any number of acquisition disorders. I'd recommend cleaning out the medicine cabinet to make some space! Take it easy at first and ENJOY!

Welcome to B&B from the UK. To repeat the advice above, try to stock to your Merkur for a good while before splurging on other razors. It will almost certainly help you refine your technique as quickly as possible.
Not that I followed my own advice, because I must have bought about 15 razors in the year after I started DE shaving. I have since enjoyed using some of them, and even one or two which I've never got to like were at least interesting; but I reckon my buying habit wasted a fair bit of money, and slowed my progress somewhat.

Welcome. The Band had a song called "The Weight"...

Crazy Chester followed me and he caught me in the fog

drag-1.jpg

Coincidence?

Welcome!

My first "real" razor was the HD. Excellent razor. So much so that when I switched to straight razors, the HD was one of two DEs I kept. The other an old first gen Gellette, which I kept only for historical reasons. But the HD will always be my backup DE! So, long story shot... (I know, too late!)... excellent choice of razor!

And its never too late to start wet shaving!

Welcome. Glad you are here. I keep a beard in the late Fall through Spring. It is nice to have a variety.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom