What's new

Greetings!

Hello, everyone! I'm not a newbie to wetshaving, but this is my first post to Badger & Blade. I've spent a fair amount of time hanging out at another online men's grooming site (I recognize some you -- Art and Randy in particular), and I thought it's time to branch out and meet some other guys and get some other perspectives.

Currently, I use an M3 with either Proaso cream or Barber Bridgade, though I favor Proraso. I've tried samples of other creams, including AOS, Truffet and Hill, Trumpers, MenScience and Anthony Logisitics. I would be using those brands if it weren't for finances, but I am happy that I can get something that is two steps better than Edge Gel without going broke.

Looking forward to the discussions and banter here.

teamccloud said:
Hello, everyone! I'm not a newbie to wetshaving, but this is my first post to Badger & Blade. I've spent a fair amount of time hanging out at another online men's grooming site (I recognize some you -- Art and Randy in particular), and I thought it's time to branch out and meet some other guys and get some other perspectives.

Currently, I use an M3 with either Proaso cream or Barber Bridgade, though I favor Proraso. I've tried samples of other creams, including AOS, Truffet and Hill, Trumpers, MenScience and Anthony Logisitics. I would be using those brands if it weren't for finances, but I am happy that I can get something that is two steps better than Edge Gel without going broke.

Looking forward to the discussions and banter here.

Last time I checked you can go broke buying M3 cartridges. I think the last large pack I got at Costco was $28 for 16 ($1.75 ea). Ouch!

dustind said:
Last time I checked you can go broke buying M3 cartridges. I think the last large pack I got at Costco was $28 for 16 ($1.75 ea). Ouch!

Yes, I know -- I don't know why I'm holding out to get a DE. No one has to convince me. I just need to take the plunge.

Jeff

Welcome to B&B Jeff! Might try Philadelphia scrapple instead of Proraso. Won't shave worth a damn, but cook it up with some sunny side up eggs and go for the gusto!:drool:

guenron said:
Welcome to B&B Jeff! Might try Philadelphia scrapple instead of Proraso. Won't shave worth a damn, but cook it up with some sunny side up eggs and go for the gusto!:drool:

Thanks, Ron. As for scrapple: Ugh!:tongue_sm My grandpa used to fry it up, and I never got used to it. Give me some fresh sausage or bacon any day over scrapple.

Someone on one of the watch forums I frequent posted a picture of a package of scrapple that actually had the boasting "Now without snouts!!". :scared: If that's doesn't get your mouth to watering, nothing will. I think scrapple is big up in that Pennsylvania area. We have it available in Texas, but I don't know anyone that actually eats it.

YMMV.

Larry C in Texas said:
Someone on one of the watch forums I frequent posted a picture of a package of scrapple that actually had the boasting "Now without snouts!!". :scared: If that's doesn't get your mouth to watering, nothing will. I think scrapple is big up in that Pennsylvania area. We have it available in Texas, but I don't know anyone that actually eats it.

YMMV.

Scrapple is HUGE for locals in this part of Pennsylvania. I think the description that I posted earlier is being kind -- as I recall, scrapple is the leftovers of the butchering process. Everything, apparently even the snout at one time, was tossed in, ground up and packaged like a great big loaf of cholesterol.

Welcome to the circus Jeff! Glad to have you hear......

What part of PA are you in? I'm gonna be in Pittsburgh this weekend.

Top Bottom