What's new

Greetings!

Hello, everyone! I'm not a newbie to wetshaving, but this is my first post to Badger & Blade. I've spent a fair amount of time hanging out at another online men's grooming site (I recognize some you -- Art and Randy in particular), and I thought it's time to branch out and meet some other guys and get some other perspectives.

Currently, I use an M3 with either Proaso cream or Barber Bridgade, though I favor Proraso. I've tried samples of other creams, including AOS, Truffet and Hill, Trumpers, MenScience and Anthony Logisitics. I would be using those brands if it weren't for finances, but I am happy that I can get something that is two steps better than Edge Gel without going broke.

Looking forward to the discussions and banter here.

teamccloud said:
Hello, everyone! I'm not a newbie to wetshaving, but this is my first post to Badger & Blade. I've spent a fair amount of time hanging out at another online men's grooming site (I recognize some you -- Art and Randy in particular), and I thought it's time to branch out and meet some other guys and get some other perspectives.

Currently, I use an M3 with either Proaso cream or Barber Bridgade, though I favor Proraso. I've tried samples of other creams, including AOS, Truffet and Hill, Trumpers, MenScience and Anthony Logisitics. I would be using those brands if it weren't for finances, but I am happy that I can get something that is two steps better than Edge Gel without going broke.

Looking forward to the discussions and banter here.

Last time I checked you can go broke buying M3 cartridges. I think the last large pack I got at Costco was $28 for 16 ($1.75 ea). Ouch!

dustind said:
Last time I checked you can go broke buying M3 cartridges. I think the last large pack I got at Costco was $28 for 16 ($1.75 ea). Ouch!

Yes, I know -- I don't know why I'm holding out to get a DE. No one has to convince me. I just need to take the plunge.

Jeff

guenron said:
Welcome to B&B Jeff! Might try Philadelphia scrapple instead of Proraso. Won't shave worth a damn, but cook it up with some sunny side up eggs and go for the gusto!:drool:

Thanks, Ron. As for scrapple: Ugh!:tongue_sm My grandpa used to fry it up, and I never got used to it. Give me some fresh sausage or bacon any day over scrapple.

Someone on one of the watch forums I frequent posted a picture of a package of scrapple that actually had the boasting "Now without snouts!!". :scared: If that's doesn't get your mouth to watering, nothing will. I think scrapple is big up in that Pennsylvania area. We have it available in Texas, but I don't know anyone that actually eats it.

YMMV.

Larry C in Texas said:
Someone on one of the watch forums I frequent posted a picture of a package of scrapple that actually had the boasting "Now without snouts!!". :scared: If that's doesn't get your mouth to watering, nothing will. I think scrapple is big up in that Pennsylvania area. We have it available in Texas, but I don't know anyone that actually eats it.

YMMV.

Scrapple is HUGE for locals in this part of Pennsylvania. I think the description that I posted earlier is being kind -- as I recall, scrapple is the leftovers of the butchering process. Everything, apparently even the snout at one time, was tossed in, ground up and packaged like a great big loaf of cholesterol.

Top Bottom