What's new

Greetings from Romania

Hi guys,

Greetings from Romania!
I've been a wet shaver for the better part of 2 decades and recently decided to switch to DE shaving.
In the last few years I started shaving everyday and got increasingly displeased with the Gillette's I've been using (Mach 3 and Fusion). Inconsistent results, irritations and endless purchases of new cartridges ... I'm sure this sounds very familiar to most of you.
Even though it's still a new thing for me, the switch to DE has proved to be a pleasant surprise. I'm not quite there in terms of technique but I do get better shaves than before and the whole process of shaving has become much more enjoyable.
In terms of gear, I had some trouble deciding which DE razor would be best suited for my needs, so I bought two - an open comb (Parker 26C) and a closed comb (Edwin Jagger DE86). I like the friendly nature of the EJ but I get a closer shave from the Parker at the moment.
In time, as my technique evolves and I try new blades, soaps, creams, etc, things will most likely change.

And last, but not least, I want to thank you for the very cool community you guys have built here and wealth of information available. It proved to be a great help for me in getting started.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Greetings from Copenhagen and welcome to Badger and Blade.

Irish chap living in Denmark here. There's a group here on Badger and Blade for people living in Continental Europe, Ireland, and the UK that you're very welcome to join if you wish. I'm organising a pass around of 7 soaps which I hope you'll feel welcome to join in you can read about it here.

Welcome Bob !...Romanian week for me , I just joined the Romanian shave forum last week http://www.barbieritdelux.ro/ , and last night watched a great Romania travelogue with Rick Steves , what a beautiful country !. I never knew Romania has German settlements , or that the Romas originated in India , very interesting history.....enjoy the forum !

Attachments

• $need41.JPG
    $need41.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
  • $need43.JPG
    $need43.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 42
Hi guys,

Greetings from Romania!
I've been a wet shaver for the better part of 2 decades and recently decided to switch to DE shaving.
In the last few years I started shaving everyday and got increasingly displeased with the Gillette's I've been using (Mach 3 and Fusion). Inconsistent results, irritations and endless purchases of new cartridges ... I'm sure this sounds very familiar to most of you.
Even though it's still a new thing for me, the switch to DE has proved to be a pleasant surprise. I'm not quite there in terms of technique but I do get better shaves than before and the whole process of shaving has become much more enjoyable.
In terms of gear, I had some trouble deciding which DE razor would be best suited for my needs, so I bought two - an open comb (Parker 26C) and a closed comb (Edwin Jagger DE86). I like the friendly nature of the EJ but I get a closer shave from the Parker at the moment.
In time, as my technique evolves and I try new blades, soaps, creams, etc, things will most likely change.

And last, but not least, I want to thank you for the very cool community you guys have built here and wealth of information available. It proved to be a great help for me in getting started.

Cheers!

Bine ai venit!

Glad to have you here on B&B.

Welcome Bob !...Romanian week for me , I just joined the Romanian shave forum last week http://www.barbieritdelux.ro/ , and last night watched a great Romania travelogue with Rick Steves , what a beautiful country !. I never knew Romania has German settlements , or that the Romas originated in India , very interesting history.....enjoy the forum !

I don't think that the bold part is correct.
Romans originated in actual Italy.
Romanians originated from Romans and local population in Dacia.
Rroms (also called gypsies) are from India.

Top Bottom