What's new

Greetings from Northern Califonia

Believe it or not, being somewhat computer challenged I just recently discovered shaving forums, and decided to jump in. I’m happy to find so many like minded men that are so knowledgeable in the art of wet shaving.
I probably don’t have much to contribute, for even though I love wet shaving, and have been doing so for over 60 years, I’m not a collector, although if a much younger man I probably would be.
I’m afraid my shaving bio may be somewhat boring. For in those 60+ years I've only regularly used 3 razors. A Gillette blue tip was my first, (may it rest in peace). Then around 40 years ago I bought a 1917 Gillette 3 piece that looked nearly new for $2:00 at a Goodwill store. I’ve shaved with that razor exclusively until several years ago when I found a Gillette 195 adjustable. I now somewhat rotate between the two.
My only shaving extravagances, at least that’s what my wife calls them, are soaps, creams, and blades.

I hope you young fellows appreciate the amazing variety of shaving paraphernalia available today. When I was young, at least where I lived, I pretty much had to be content with a cake of Williams soap, using an Everready brush, and shaving with Gillette carbon steel blades. Today’s soaps, creams, and blades are simply wonderful.
Hopefully, you fellas can teach an old dog a few new tricks. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Believe it or not, being somewhat computer challenged I just recently discovered shaving forums, and decided to jump in. I’m happy to find so many like minded men that are so knowledgeable in the art of wet shaving.
I probably don’t have much to contribute, for even though I love wet shaving, and have been doing so for over 60 years, I’m not a collector, although if a much younger man I probably would be.
I’m afraid my shaving bio may be somewhat boring. For in those 60+ years I've only regularly used 3 razors. A Gillette blue tip was my first, (may it rest in peace). Then around 40 years ago I bought a 1917 Gillette 3 piece that looked nearly new for $2:00 at a Goodwill store. I’ve shaved with that razor exclusively until several years ago when I found a Gillette 195 adjustable. I now somewhat rotate between the two.
My only shaving extravagances, at least that’s what my wife calls them, are soaps, creams, and blades.

I hope you young fellows appreciate the amazing variety of shaving paraphernalia available today. When I was young, at least where I lived, I pretty much had to be content with a cake of Williams soap, using an Everready brush, and shaving with Gillette carbon steel blades. Today’s soaps, creams, and blades are simply wonderful.
Hopefully, you fellas can teach an old dog a few new tricks. :)
What a wonderful first post, on the finest place on the interwebs!

Do NOT be shy my friend. You have MUCH knowledge of antique Gillette razors that many of the younger people will benefit from.

Sincerely,
Dave, the Tanned Farmer

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. Lots of great people here. Please jump in and ask questions and dispense advise.

If you get a chance head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom