What's new

Greetings from New York!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
You know what the DE shaving experience has been helping me to do? Is take my mind off of all the awful things happening in the world. I end up getting sensory overload with all of it. Its nice to be able to take a break from all the news, and do something to actually enjoy life you know?

There is nothing like the experience of applying a good lather to your face. And then when your done with your shave, its like a night and day difference. I tell ya, the last time my faces skin was that smooth, was when I was a kid. DE razors are crazy good as close shaves!

Welcome to B&B. I just hide everything from my wife and hope she never finds it. If I live another 50yrs I might just be able able to use it all up.
When you get a little time, head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.
Thanks for the recommendation; I'll take a look at the Hall of Fame. Cheers!

I forgot the most important piece of the puzzle!

How do you get the wife to understand the growing number of brushes, soaps, accessories, . . . ?

Any tips would be appreciated! :)
Just remind her if she insists on having 30 different purses and pocket books for each day of the month, surely she can understand your love of soaps and shaving creams.

Just tell her that. You are trying all these soaps and creams for you to smell good for HER!!!

Although we both know it is to statisfy your quench for getting into a new grooming hobby.

By the way... Hello from New York. Are you from the city or Westchester county?

#1 - King Kong (1933) - IMO the greatest movie ever made. Fay Wray's screaming drives her insane.
My favorite King Kong film was the 1976 version.

Did not care for the 2005 version. The final line in the movie was so clichet that it totally ruined the film.

Saw the 1933 version.

1976 is still my favorite version. Loved the politics and competing egos that made the film great.

Just remind her if she insists on having 30 different purses and pocket books for each day of the month, surely she can understand your love of soaps and shaving creams.

Just tell her that. You are trying all these soaps and creams for you to smell good for HER!!!

Although we both know it is to statisfy your quench for getting into a new grooming hobby.

By the way... Hello from New York. Are you from the city or Westchester county?
I'll try that! I especially like the "it's for you" angle. 😉

From Brooklyn to Westchester, yes - how'd you guess?

We're in Hastings - cheers!

My favorite King Kong film was the 1976 version.

Interesting. My wife and I saw Kong 76 when it first came out. I didn't like it and haven't seen it since. Maybe I'll give it a second chance and stream the video one day when my wife goes out.

I have a shelf full of razors, but my favorite is the Henson. I started (what is now called 'wet shaving') in the late 60's and around 79 or 80 was forced into a Trac II. I stayed with those terrible multiblades and got so sick of it I threw them away and bought a DE89. I was happy at last. Then, I got some other razors, and then the Henson mild. I love that Henson. I graduated to the medium and medium Ti22. I can't wait to shave everyday.

As to how I got my wife on board, it was simple. I bought her a Henson mild in her favorite color. She loves it and doesn't give me grief anymore.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I forgot the most important piece of the puzzle!

How do you get the wife to understand the growing number of brushes, soaps, accessories, . . . ?

Any tips would be appreciated! :)
I won't be party to any hiding of purchases from wives! Can I get an "Amen!" brothers?

I have a shelf full of razors, but my favorite is the Henson. I started (what is now called 'wet shaving') in the late 60's and around 79 or 80 was forced into a Trac II. I stayed with those terrible multiblades and got so sick of it I threw them away and bought a DE89. I was happy at last. Then, I got some other razors, and then the Henson mild. I love that Henson. I graduated to the medium and medium Ti22. I can't wait to shave everyday.

As to how I got my wife on board, it was simple. I bought her a Henson mild in her favorite color. She loves it and doesn't give me grief anymore.
I'm really loving my Henson AL13 medium and am very curious about the titanium version. I imagine the weight is a tad bit more satisfying but not overly heavy? Is it any more efficient or aggressive?

The Henson is making me realize that my Supply 2.0 just isn't for me. I now know the feeling of looking forward to the shave! The only problem bis that I don't really need to shave every day.

Cheers!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wouldn't think of it.. however..I probably won't advertise those purchases either. Always better to ask for forgiveness than permission 😁
I was most definitely joking my friend! My wife runs the house, the problem is my health forced me into retirement. Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to die at werk, so now I get to die daily at home!

LOL, it truly ain't bad, but I honestly tell everyone to plan on being retired tomorrow, because God or your Cardiologist just might plan it for you!

I'm really loving my Henson AL13 medium and am very curious about the titanium version. I imagine the weight is a tad bit more satisfying but not overly heavy? Is it any more efficient or aggressive?

The Henson is making me realize that my Supply 2.0 just isn't for me. I now know the feeling of looking forward to the shave! The only problem bis that I don't really need to shave every day.

Cheers!
The extra weight is just enough to help the razor cut better.

It is not about needing to shave everyday, but rather liking to shave everyday.

The extra weight is just enough to help the razor cut better.

It is not about needing to shave everyday, but rather liking to shave everyday.
Of course, I just meant that I would love to shave more frequently (given my new found enjoyment), but my slower growth is such that daily shaving isn't feasible. 🙃

Top Bottom