What's new

Greetings from New York!

Hello all!

Venturing onto the forums for the first time after about a couple of years into my journey and starting to branch out/experiment.

For those interested:

I became interested in wet shaving around the time that Harry's was being bought out. After little research (and not fully appreciating the difference between DE and injector blades) I purchased a Supply razor and starter kit. I've learned a great deal and had some excellent shaves. Enjoying the variety of excellent shave soaps, lotions, and splashes has been a real pleasure. Wholly Kaw and Oleo Soapworks have been real standouts.

Recently picked up a Henson AL13 (medium aggression) along with a sample pack of blades - shaved with it two or three times. Wow! I was blown away with the ease and comfort when compared to my Supply after the first shave. It's almost not fair how smooth and easy it shaves - feels a bit too carefree in comparison. The light weight of the aluminum is really interesting as well. I was able to go against the grain under my nose for the first time. I'm still trying to work out what the difference might be (aluminum razor, technique, lather quality, blade type, etc.?)

So far I've used a Personna followed by a Gillette 7 o'clock without much noticeable difference, but I suspect it will take a while for me to get a feel for them. I am definitely looking forward to going back and forth between both razors and compare more closely.

Anyway, looking forward to more to some - cheers!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Welcome to Badger and Blade. 🙂

I'm new to DE shaving myself. I think we all learn by practice. And to answer your question, if she's got 20-pairs of shoes, or a 100+ makeup assortment, remind her of that lol.

A lot of folks on this board seem to agree, that learning proper technique, is most of the battle.

How do you get the wife to understand the growing number of brushes, soaps, accessories, . . . ?
Any tips would be appreciated! :)

As my prior addictions were collecting silent films, and 50s & 60s Dave Brubeck music, my wife embraced my new-found shaving "disorder" a dozen years ago. In 50+ years of marriage, there are still only 3 things that will stop my wife from entering a room:

#1 - King Kong (1933) - IMO the greatest movie ever made. Fay Wray's screaming drives her insane.
#2 - Brubeck - except for the original Take Five song on our oldies play list, I'm banned from playing any Brubeck in her car.
#3 - Silent films - I must have 400-500, with at least a dozen that are 4-7 hours long, for those times I want to be left alone.

I forgot the most important piece of the puzzle!

How do you get the wife to understand the growing number of brushes, soaps, accessories, . . . ?

Any tips would be appreciated! :)
That’s the easy part. If she starts to give you a hard time just start asking about all of the lotions, serums and makeup she has lying around. That stuff makes even the most expensive shaving soap look like childs play.

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. I just hide everything from my wife and hope she never finds it. If I live another 50yrs I might just be able able to use it all up.
When you get a little time, head over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Top Bottom