What's new

Greetings from Germany

Hello folks of B&B!

I'm Deniz, just turned 26 years old and I'm a pipe- & tobacco-fan(atic?)! I mainly came here to participate in the Brown Leaf Forums, and especially for sharing (mostly german) pipe tobacco reviews!
My favorite german brand is "Motzek" (maybe someone here knows it?). They stand for most natural (no chemicals added at all! Not even for anti-fungal-things! They only use: Salt, Sugar, Vinegar, heat/cold, Honey for processing pipe tobaccos) and I've created a huge library of Motzek-Reviews I'd like to share with you guys in the days to come.
I also have "librarys" of Peter Heinrichs and Dan Pipe (I think DTM (Dan Pipe) will be more common to you guys) that I'd like to share if there is interest in it.

A pipe smoking friend introduced me to this forums and when I saw the huge acticity in the Brown Leaf Forums I decided to join in.
I'm not particulary a beard- and therefore shaving-blades fanatic, but you'll never know what time brings! ;-)
I wear and trim my beard regularly (I wear a mustache + beard on my chin area; btw is there a name for this style of beard?) but never put much thought into how to optimize my shaving. As I'm a fan of old fashioned ways of doing things and living life, I'll read into this matter with excitement and joy within the days and weeks to come! I think this forum is a good place to start "being serious" about wearing a beard.
To my shame I have to admit, that through genetics from my dad I don't or sparely grow a beard on my cheeks :( So my options are kinda limited with wering beards :euro:

I wanted to leave a "Hey you all!" and see if there is interest in the mentioned "German Pipe Tobacco Librarys" I mentioned above.

Hope to have a good time with you guys and shout out best wishes to y'all.
Regards,

Deniz from Germany

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club, Deniz. Glad to have you aboard. For your beard, you should look for Douglas Smythe on YouTube.

Welcome to the forum, Deniz! Glad to have you here with us. I also wear a moustache, and beard on my chin. I shave my cheeks where the growth is sparse, and my neck. I have seen this style referred to as a goatee, as well as a circle beard.

I am also an obsessive, all day pipe smoker so I look forward to reading your reviews. :001_smile

@DenizBeck

Welcome to B&B ,
I'm a pipe smoker myself and gravitate towards the pure blends ( no casing) of Rattray's, mostly black mallory, accountants mixture and red rapparee. So far I was buying from Lothar Wasko in Germany, but after 5 years the taxman found out and now i'm in a ditch.

Welcome! Its always nice to see a poster from the fatherland. Im pretty big into German wetshaving brands myself but Ive never heard of Motek. It sounds pretty great though, I may have to give them a try if they are available online.

Top Bottom