What's new

Greetings from England! New member

Hello all!

After 10+ years of DE shaving and intermittently lurking these forums for advice and inspiration, I decided to join B&B to get involved in the community :smile1:

I stopped visiting B&B for a while thinking I'd found my perfect combination; Gillette Fatboy, Simpsons T3, Feather/Shark/Personna Plats and Arko/Cella. How naive of me.

What brought me back here was an enabler of a SWMBO who bought me an Iwasaki Kamisori. How do I use this thing?? What's "honing"? Jnats? Err stropping? Balsa? Lapping film? The answer to these and many other questions are no doubt found in this knowledgable and welcoming community. I've already learned so much from browsing countless B&B threads. I've been using the Iwasaki for 5 days back to back and have avoided a bloodbath so far! Look forward to continuing to improve my straight razor skills.

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to impart what little wisdom I have of DE shaving to less experienced members.

Have a great day :smile1:

Hello all!

After 10+ years of DE shaving and intermittently lurking these forums for advice and inspiration, I decided to join B&B to get involved in the community :smile1:

I stopped visiting B&B for a while thinking I'd found my perfect combination; Gillette Fatboy, Simpsons T3, Feather/Shark/Personna Plats and Arko/Cella. How naive of me.

What brought me back here was an enabler of a SWMBO who bought me an Iwasaki Kamisori. How do I use this thing?? What's "honing"? Jnats? Err stropping? Balsa? Lapping film? The answer to these and many other questions are no doubt found in this knowledgable and welcoming community. I've already learned so much from browsing countless B&B threads. I've been using the Iwasaki for 5 days back to back and have avoided a bloodbath so far! Look forward to continuing to improve my straight razor skills.

Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to impart what little wisdom I have of DE shaving to less experienced members.

Have a great day :smile1:
Hello @marz1 from London!

Welcome to Badger and Blade, a superb resource and community.

Your DE setup sounds fine to me! The Gillette Adjustable Razor is an icon which gives me excellent shaves, and I like your soap choices!

The SR community is strong and friendly to newcomers, so maybe make yourself known to them.

Hello @marz1 from London!

Welcome to Badger and Blade, a superb resource and community.

Your DE setup sounds fine to me! The Gillette Adjustable Razor is an icon which gives me excellent shaves, and I like your soap choices!

The SR community is strong and friendly to newcomers, so maybe make yourself known to them.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I'm currently in Yorkshire myself. As I typed that, I realised that I'm less than an hour away from where Mitchell's Wool Fat is made and I've yet to try it! I think I'll correct this oversight once I work through my current supply of arko in a few months.

Good idea, I'll pop by the SR section and say hello.

Welcome to B&B from the Midlands.

Keep it quiet if the Iwasaki is good - I've only just about convinced myself I don't want one yet.

I used to work in the Midlands, I had some hospital placements in Worcester. Really enjoyed my time there!

As for the Iwasaki, I will quote the wise words of my chief enabler SWMBO after she watched Mr Mizouchi's video on Youtube.

"It's better to invest our money in history and craftsmanship than let it trickle away on small disposal luxuries like a new phone or tablet."

Now I need to find a way to get her enthusiastic about Tamahagane! Suggestions welcome!

I used to work in the Midlands, I had some hospital placements in Worcester. Really enjoyed my time there!

As for the Iwasaki, I will quote the wise words of my chief enabler SWMBO after she watched Mr Mizouchi's video on Youtube.

"It's better to invest our money in history and craftsmanship than let it trickle away on small disposal luxuries like a new phone or tablet."

Now I need to find a way to get her enthusiastic about Tamahagane! Suggestions welcome!

Three years in Leeds as a student back in the Eighties. I've had a soft spot for Yorkshire ever since. Lathering with The Fat always feels like a sort of homecoming. Curses - now I've got U2 running round my head.

Warm welcome from Southern California @marz1
As Simon mentioned, the SR community is extremely informative and accommodating bunch; not unlike this entire community

Allow me to open the door for you 🍻

Three years in Leeds as a student back in the Eighties. I've had a soft spot for Yorkshire ever since. Lathering with The Fat always feels like a sort of homecoming. Curses - now I've got U2 running round my head.
I'm based in Leeds, wonderful city! I'm sure you've got some stories from your student days, I've heard from others that it was a lively city in the 80s as well 😄

Do let me know when you finally purchase your Iwasaki, it sounds like its a matter of "when" and not "if" 😇

Warm welcome from Southern California @marz1
As Simon mentioned, the SR community is extremely informative and accommodating bunch; not unlike this entire community

Allow me to open the door for you 🍻

Thank you! Look forward to seeing you there! Although I fear that the door to SR shaped temptations is being opened once I click on these links...

Top Bottom