What's new

Greetings from Central Indiana!

Hello B&B'ers,

I've been lurking here far too long and decided to officially join in on all the great shaving discourse!

For 40 plus years of shaving with the Gillette cartridge lineup (Atra, Sensor, Sensor Excel, and Mach3), the task was just another daily chore. I could bang out the morning shave in under a minute, just 5 strokes "Homer Simpson" style without giving it any thought. A little over a month ago, I stumbled onto this forum and at first wondered what could possibly be so fascinating about wet shaving. After scanning the different forum sections and threads, I realized there's really quite a lot!

After checking out all the hot topics (best DE razor for beginners, best brushes for beginners, best creams\soaps for newbies, etc.), I assembled my initial tools (Merkur 34c, Proraso pre-shave, Proraso shave cream, assorted DE blades (multi-packs and samplers) and a SOC Boar Brush), and had my first wet shave two weeks ago. I haven't looked back since.

The experience of shaving for me is no longer a chore, but really enjoyable. The 20 plus minute experience has added to my morning ritual, but that's well worth it. The search for the right right razor\blade pairing is still early for me and of the 14 or so shaves that I've had, they've been mostly successful, with minimum bloodshed, as long as I don't do too much ATG.

I look forward to being a member of B&B and hope to contribute to all the great knowledge sharing that's going on!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Welcome. Just imagine, a few months ago, shaving was a five-minute chore; now it's a 20-minute vacation. It's great when the ritual takes hold, and new goodies begin to show up in the mail. Best of all, it never seems to grow stale. Enjoy!

Hello B&B'ers,

I've been lurking here far too long and decided to officially join in on all the great shaving discourse!

For 40 plus years of shaving with the Gillette cartridge lineup (Atra, Sensor, Sensor Excel, and Mach3), the task was just another daily chore. I could bang out the morning shave in under a minute, just 5 strokes "Homer Simpson" style without giving it any thought. A little over a month ago, I stumbled onto this forum and at first wondered what could possibly be so fascinating about wet shaving. After scanning the different forum sections and threads, I realized there's really quite a lot!

After checking out all the hot topics (best DE razor for beginners, best brushes for beginners, best creams\soaps for newbies, etc.), I assembled my initial tools (Merkur 34c, Proraso pre-shave, Proraso shave cream, assorted DE blades (multi-packs and samplers) and a SOC Boar Brush), and had my first wet shave two weeks ago. I haven't looked back since.

The experience of shaving for me is no longer a chore, but really enjoyable. The 20 plus minute experience has added to my morning ritual, but that's well worth it. The search for the right right razor\blade pairing is still early for me and of the 14 or so shaves that I've had, they've been mostly successful, with minimum bloodshed, as long as I don't do too much ATG.

I look forward to being a member of B&B and hope to contribute to all the great knowledge sharing that's going on!
Welcome

Welcome to B&B, and congratulations on your transition from shaving as a chore to shaving as a pleasurable and gratifying activity. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom