What's new

Greencult

I’ve got two shaves in now so far with the greencult and I have to say that it’s quite efficient and comfortable at least for me. The first one was efficient and comfortable with no nicks or anything. Which was nice. But this second one I was in a little more of a hurry to get a shave in though and had a few small nicks. Which is my own fault. But otherwise a nicely comfortable shave though. I do have to say that I do like the combination of the efficiency and comfort. Which I’ve found is a hard combination to get out of a razor. I’ll keep going with this one and we’ll see how it keeps going.

Oh and I honestly am surprised that the length of the handle isn’t really throwing me off to much. Which is surprising just because I usually use shorter handles. And the only thing that I could think of as far as the comfort end of it is maybe the heavier weight of it makes me want to use less pressure and use more of the razors weight to shave with. Just a thought though.

People are overall very happy with the Green Cult. I've thought about buying one, but shipping is $21, while not a deal breaker, increases the overall price by 50%. Ouch.
I would still like to have one, though. Better wait for the "new" to wear off the Razorock Lupo .95OC before I order another razor!! :yesnod:

People are overall very happy with the Green Cult. I've thought about buying one, but shipping is $21, while not a deal breaker, increases the overall price by 50%. Ouch.
I would still like to have one, though. Better wait for the "new" to wear off the Razorock Lupo .95OC before I order another razor!! :yesnod:
Yeah that shipping when I went to order it was insane like you had said. But then again I guess that that’s a pretty big drawback since this whole pandemic has started. I really do feel bad for companies, especially newer ones that have to charge those high shipping prices. I feel like it really hurts their chances of gaining a wider following because of it with people possibly not wanting to pay those high prices just for shipping. But honestly the razor itself is really nice and shaves really well. It has become I think one of my more favorite safety razors that I have. Like I said it really combines efficiency and comfort really well. At least for me anyways. It has become a surprise purchase for me. I’ve enjoyed it so far. Hopefully I’ll enjoy for quite a while longer.

Reactions: Kix
I got your excuse handled for you! You are waiting till they have the new version available with the three plates replacing the single one. Now if you are one of those people that have to have every version of the same brand, well... :frown2:

I might resemble that remark, a little. 😬

• Haha

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Oh and I honestly am surprised that the length of the handle isn’t really throwing me off to much. Which is surprising just because I usually use shorter handles. And the only thing that I could think of as far as the comfort end of it is maybe the heavier weight of it makes me want to use less pressure and use more of the razors weight to shave with. Just a thought though.
I just shaved with the 14mm/100mm Timeless Barber Pole handle, which also weighs exactly 100g.

For larger hands, the pinky sits nicely below the handle this way. The extra weight makes one indeed less pressure, with light handles you have to add in a bit yourself. Sometimes even with such a heavy handle, too. But in general, if you shave steep with such a handle, leverage and weight might do wonders for your shave and shaving habits.

TLDR, you might have noticed, I like long and heavy handles. I also like the Greencult handle. 76-85mm are the usual sizes, I would love to have 9-10cm more often.

And if people want it long but light... titanium.

I have mine on a RR Halo and am happy with the overall layout/efficiency. I’ll pass version 2 as the plates are not compatible with version 1 but look forward to a potential OC.

438362E2-EE94-419E-99C3-A6FB11D7AC25.jpeg

Yes it is a very nice razor for the price. The only drawback was the shipping. But I get it though. Regardless it was well worth the wait and the higher price of shipping because it’s become the one I’ve been using the most lately. And if I can use it on razorock handles maybe I’ll swap it out with one of the ones that I have and see how it shaves with that setup. I’ve really liked it with the Gillette Silver Blues. The Astra SP wasn’t bad in it either. But I think I liked the Silver Blues so far more. I think it was smoother. I have it loaded now with a Nacet to see how that feels. It was either that or a Rapira Platinum Lux. Maybe I’ll try the Rapira next after the Nacet.

I can definitely feel that the Nacet is sharper. And slightly rougher because of the extra sharpness. Not really unpleasant or anything. But I will say that with that it does give a little extra efficiency compared to the Silver Blue or Astra. So on that end is a plus. Overall one really small nick on my neck. Otherwise not bad. I’ll have to give it another shot. For a first time with the blade not to bad.

Top Bottom