What's new

Greencult GC2.0

Because the GC2.0 is a completely new razor it should have its own thread.

It differs a lot from its predecessors, completely new handle, new base plate geometry, new top cap design, improved surface treatment.

It has a great design, very well balanced, is smooth and efficient.

SOTD

RH: GC2.0 IV
RP: YAQI Monster
RS: Bundubeard Vars Rum
RK: Gillette Super Silver
AS: TÜFF grün

Last edited by a moderator:
How much does the v1.1 head differ from the v2.0 with the II baseplate and in what ways?

The listed exposure and gap are the same, 0.1 and 0.65. The profile of the top caps are different. (Of course the handle is different, but I am asking about the head.) Anything else? This could help current v1.1 owners compare.

Reactions: Kix
The profile of the comb changed, now it is more rounded and the top cap makes a huge difference.

Reactions: Kix
Because the GC2.0 is a completely new razor it should have its own thread.

It differs a lot from its predecessors, completely new handle, new base plate geometry, new top cap design, improved surface treatment.

It has a great design, very well balanced, is smooth and efficient.

SOTD

RH: GC2.0 IV
RP: YAQI Monster
RS: Bundubeard Vars Rum
RK: Gillette Super Silver
AS: TÜFF grün
Which of the 3 do you prefer? 1, 1.1 or the 2.0? And why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally prefer the GC2.0 IV. It is as efficient as the 1.0, but with less bladefeel. The 1.1 is to mild for me. I have a thick coarsed beard, so the more efficient razors are my favourites.
Do they specify what is the gap and exposure for the IV plate?

As a new item they ought to consider having English as a possible translation on their website. Yes, certain browsers can translate but the idea is to make it as easy as possible for the customer. This is quite common, actually but not on their site.

No disrespect intended toward Germany or Austria but those native speakers are a smaller market. I say this as someone whose ancestors came from what is today Germany.

IMG_20221010_063458.jpg
IMG_20221010_063215.jpg
IMG_20221010_063248.jpg

I just ordered a GC 2.0 with plate IV, looking forward to it. I initially wanted to wait for the OC plates, but well, need something nice for myself for xmas. Also to celebrate that my new cat gets so nicely along with my older cat at home!
Food Reaction GIF by Diamond Pet Foods

I might get one as well. At first I wanted one, then I've decided to skip it, but after the reviews I once again want one. Let us know how it performs and how you rate it.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I got the razor a few hours ago, will shave tonight and talk about my cat as promised.

GC20Package.jpg

GC20IV.jpg

oringhandle.jpg

Notice the O ring already inserted in the handle. The finish is a shiny bead blast.

The handle is 88 mm and 13.8 mm thick and quite heavy. People asked for a shorter handle, I would have loved this in 11 cm. The pinky sits nicely under the rounded butt end.

The razor is from Green Cult, you can even pick a sustainable shipping option. So it is a bit funny that it is my only razor so far to come not just with cardboard but a plastic inlay that can hold two more extra blades, plus the razor.

I wonder if this can be turned sustainable, too, when turned into a wall holder with a hook or dowels. A few holes in the plastics back would make that easier. Just an idea!

So far I have a very good impression of the V2. The plate I ordered is plate IV. Let's see how it shaves! ✌️

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Greencult GC2.0, Plate IV / Feather
GC2.jpg

Left: GC2.0 - Right: GC1

The GC2.0 is giving me a better result than the first Green Cult razor. I even find it a bit more aggressive and likely to injure with Plate IV, as I racked up 2 bleeding injuries and a weeper, yeah really, and I blame it on me slacking with medium to mild razors a lot lately. The razor weighs 126g, compared to 121g for the GC1. But the chunky 88mm handle with 13.8mm diameter feels much chunkier and heavier when holding it. I didn't find the spirals to give me sufficient grip due to massive concentrated weight, the >< shape near the head of the longer GC1 handle gave me a better grip and allowed me better control.

So yeah, I am a not a fan of the handle. It isn't exactly short with 88mm and I do not think this is what people asking for a shorter handle wanted. I saw people already replace it with a Timeless Crown handle, and I would also say the excellent Greencult heads are still waiting for their perfect handle, at least for me. The integrated O-ring in the handle is very nice, it also looks visually appealing, in practice the handle wasn't my favorite. The weight of the handle is adding extra aggression to the shave.

The head is very gentle and mild feeling, but it can injury. It opened a scratch on my left cheek and I had a weeper under the nose aaaaaand then, when I thought that was the blood count, I was bleeding near my right ear as well.

Applying Aqua Velva, alcoholic aftershave, made me clench my teeth... not just the injuries, I also quite shaved away the top layer of the skin. Now that is thorough!

The angle of this razor is ... as you like it. You can go steep, shallow... it cuts at every angle. It is never harsh, you will also get some feedback when it is about to bite. It cuts so nicely and smoothly that it can lull guys like me into a false sense of security, and then, read above. :lemo:

Verdict: Next shave with a cushioning blade like a Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum or Voshkod, for sure not a Feather again. It's thorough enough as it is. I am a bit afraid of the upcoming OC to be honest!
This razor is much smoother and nicer than the R41, and that at about every angle. But it is about as aggressive and unforgiving. That's Plate IV. I don't know the other plates. I read it isn't quite as aggressive as the first version, but I find it is clamping the blade even more rigidly, is smoother, maybe a bit less warning when it is about to bite.

The result was, injuries ignored, stellar. I won't have to shave again in the next 2-3 days. As daily driver it might be too aggressive even for me.

The handle is not my favorite design, the bead blast finish neither, I would prefer machined. But shaving wise this is a fantastic razor! It is the most efficient razor I own.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I swapped the handle, I usually love heavy handles but this one doesn't work for me at all.

Luckily I had two bead blasted handles from Stando Polska here. The Svarga and the default handle of the Chors razor.

GC2grey.jpg

Original

GCSvarga.jpg

Svarga
GCChors.jpg

Chors handle

I am very sure either handle will improve my shave, the thick original handle is not my favorite.

Shave tonight, let's see! ✌️

Top Bottom