What's new

Green Tobacco (Tabacco Verde) Fragrance- EdT/Cologne

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've been reading this subforum long enough to learn that you can't just say "recommend a tobacco fragrance for me," because there is more diversity among tobacco fragrances than there is in the General Assembly at the United Nations. But I think I know what I want... I'm after a sweet green tobacco leaf frag, or what the Italians call a tabacco verde scent. I had a bottle of aftershave milk from Antica Barbieria Colla by that name that was the very scent I'm after. I've also found it in Razorock's Zi Peppino soap and aftershave, as well as in Tcheon Fung Sing's Tabacco Verde shaving soap, which was likely the same product as the Razorock.

But I'd like a more long lasting cologne/eau de toilette version of the scent, particularly as summer arrives. What says the brotherhood?

Mondial’s Tabacco Verde shaving cream is such a beautiful scent that lasts pretty well, but unfortunately it’s not good soap at all and they don’t do an aftershave. It’s really a pity but I still find myself craving it and thinking a bad shave is a small price to pay. I even have shaving brushes that I am not using because they still smell of Mondial Tabacco Verde and I like to sniff them from time to time. I’d say it’s a light floral leaning green tobacco, and very harmonious.

I’ll be following this thread with interest to see if there are other options with a close enough fragrance.

Owen Bawn

Mondial’s Tabacco Verde shaving cream is such a beautiful scent that lasts pretty well, but unfortunately it’s not good soap at all and they don’t do an aftershave. It’s really a pity but I still find myself craving it and thinking a bad shave is a small price to pay. I even have shaving brushes that I am not using because they still smell of Mondial Tabacco Verde and I like to sniff them from time to time. I’d say it’s a light floral leaning green tobacco, and very harmonious.

I’ll be following this thread with interest to see if there are other options with a close enough fragrance.
The Mondial soft soap/cream is the Tcheon Fung Sing I referenced. Rebranded.

try this...

taylor of old bond st tobacco em's thiers issard tom ford march 27 2021.jpg

or this aftershave, which is tobacco leaf rather than flower...

taylor of old bond st tonacco leaf simpson feather october 7 2022.jpg

I am certainly no expert, so this is a question and not advice…

Does Pre de Provence 63 EdT meet this description?

Owen Bawn

I am certainly no expert, so this is a question and not advice…

Does Pre de Provence 63 EdT meet this description?
Thanks. PdP 63 certainly has some tobacco, but it is a cured tobacco. Green tobacco is sweet, and smells nothing like cured pipe or cigar tobacco. I have the PdP 63 soap, balm, and EdT. I like it, but my wife spoiled my enjoyment of the EdT by saying it smells like a cheap automobile air freshener. Now I can't get that association out of my head whenever I use it.

There are all sorts of tobacco scents, from tobacco flower to green tobacco to several different cured tobacco fragrances. Eventually I'll find what I'm looking for. The fun is in the hunt.

Owen, I think I understand the profile of what you're after. My best rec would've been the RazoRock Zi Peppino soap/AS, which is about the best I've come across of the type, but you're already familiar with it. Fine Green Vetiver is another (Zi Peppino is pretty close to that, I think) but that's not available anymore. There is WSP Tobacco, which might be close to what you want. It's a very dry, green/wet hay type with some bay laurel in there, apparently, which dries to a light powdery effect hours later. They sell one-ounce samples of that one, so maybe give it a try?

Owen Bawn

Good suggestions. I'm hoping to find some posh Italian or British fragrance so that I can pay too much money for it.🤑

Thanks. PdP 63 certainly has some tobacco, but it is a cured tobacco. Green tobacco is sweet, and smells nothing like cured pipe or cigar tobacco. I have the PdP 63 soap, balm, and EdT. I like it, but my wife spoiled my enjoyment of the EdT by saying it smells like a cheap automobile air freshener. Now I can't get that association out of my head whenever I use it.

There are all sorts of tobacco scents, from tobacco flower to green tobacco to several different cured tobacco fragrances. Eventually I'll find what I'm looking for. The fun is in the hunt.

While my wife seems to like the PdP 63, now I can't get the "cheap automobile air freshener" out of my head either! I have been wanting to try the Tom Ford Frag anyway, so here we go.

I can recommend Tabac Tabou by Parfum d'Empire, one of the few tobacco fragrances I've tried that wasn't nauseatingly sweet. Xerjoff Naxos is one of them, I just can't stand it. I'd have recommended Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille some time ago but I tried it again recently and it smelled really off, kind of like plastic. They probably reformulated it or my nose is broken. But if you want to get Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, there are some clones by arab houses like Al Haramain for cheaper. Aramis Havana, Houbigant Tabac Nomade and Chopad Oud Malaki (don't be fooled by the name) are also decent. Havana is real nice for summer, it has a lot of spices. Oud Malaki is more laid back and soft.

I have zero idea of what green tobacco should smell like, but giving Bogart pour Homme a try is cheap enough that you may wanna take a chance on it.

Sweet and floral, possibly my favorite tobacco scent in the collection. It’s very “pipe”y though. So probably not what you’re looking for. But like I said, dirt dirt cheap.

+1 on the Rogue Tabac Vert suggestion. It’s a green tobacco to my nose.

The sample set makes it easy to try out before purchasing.

Keep us posted on your findings.

IMH the fragrance that is closest to Antica Barberia Colla's aftershave "Tabacco Verde" scent is Rogue's Tabac Vert. It is very oakmossy, powdery, floral and old fashioned barbershop smell. Nothing that resembles to cigar.

Top Bottom