What's new

Green Russian 7 o'clock

Man these Gillette 7o'clock green russian blades seem to work the same for me as the GSB and better than the Nacet.
Anyone else love these blades...
May just be a YMMV thing...

I love them. I got some as a throw-in with a razor and couldn't believe how sharp and smooth they felt. Have since bought 100. Nick Shaves loves them, too.

Yeah I got them in a sample pack. LOVE THEM.... Now trying to decide to order 100 GSB or 100 Russian Green. Just wondering if it was a fluke that I liked them...haha

I use Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Green as one of my go to brands, how to the Russian ones compare to the Indian ones ?

Man these Gillette 7o'clock green russian blades seem to work the same for me as the GSB and better than the Nacet.
I had the exact same experience. The Gillette Stainless work really well, too. Who knows, maybe they're all the same blades, with different printing and different wrappers. :confused2

Really enjoy the Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Greens as well. Only thing that beats them for at the moment are Perma Sharps. Bit sharper and smoother.

I use Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Green as one of my go to brands, how to the Russian ones compare to the Indian ones ?

The Russian ones just work better for me. Not sure the difference. But they seem to work great for my skin in every razor I have.
They are great in my slim on 6.
Of course YMMV. ;-)

I only tried one pack of these a long while ago, but the difference from them and Nacet for me, was these seemed to nick me a little easier somehow. Nicks I seldom get, but there's a mustache spot on the sides where for some reason it happens, and these blades seemed to find that spot everytime.

The Russian Green 7 O'Clock Super Stainless are an excellent and underrated blade. The Indian Green Permasharp does not compare, IMHO.

proxy.php

Please, gentle reader, pay close attention and do not accidentally order these atrocious Bangladeshi look-alikes!:

proxy.php

Please, gentle reader, pay close attention and do not accidentally order these atrocious Bangladeshi look-alikes!:

proxy.php

Haha. Yes. 7am durables not a recommended blade. Came in a sample pack and use it to clean/scrap residue off stovetop.

I love all the Russian Gillette blades but these aren't my favourite, just good blades but nothing special to me. I'll have to try them again since they seem to be getting such great reviews.

Less sharp and more forgiving and a bit smoother in my opinion.

+1 I don't know why but I have only tried a few Nacet. I like these green Russian and the GSB but the Nacet not so great for some reason.
It's funny how diff blades render diff results for diff folks. Lol
Get my diff. :)

Last edited:
Is that what my Slim is supposed to look like or did you get that re-plated?

I just cleaned and polished it when I got it ($25.00).

This is how I clean my new razors:

My Method for Cleaning & Restoring Vintage Double Edge Razors:

Soak in hot, not boiling water with Dawn dish detergent until water cools. Scrub with tooth brush and rinse.
Spray with non-bleach Scrubbing Bubbles. Let sit until bubbles start to disappear. Scrub with toothbrush and rinse.
Repeat if needed.
Apply Flitz or MAAS if additional polishing is needed. Buff with micro-fiber cloth.
Repeat Scrubbing Bubbles, rinse, dry with towel.
Load blade and enjoy.

Works for me.........

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom