What's new

Green Irish Tweed

I settled on Aventus as my cologne after trying a bunch and love it. I then bought a large bottle of GIT for my sons 16th birthday and got a great deal on it. He loves it and I have to say, there is nothing like the projection and staying power of GIT. It is incredible!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My wife and I shopped for fragrances together and we both liked GIT and a few others, including Creed Aventus. The prices seemed a bit over the top for me.

I ended up with a bottle of Armaf Tres Nuit as a GIT knockoff and Armaf Club De Nuit for the other. Both have been very well received by my wife and many others.

I don't know if I have even ever smelled the stuff, but I know getting a bottle past the lovely War Department is nigh impossible.

SO..... I'm looking for "clones" or "homages" if you will that any of y'all find acceptable.

Thank you in advance, Dave
My heart momentarily stopped. I looked GIT up online, 💰🤑💰, and a cow was born. I'd have to start selling my plasma to keep eating.

I have al haramain l'aventure knight and it works for me it's the only one I ever bought. Armaf might be good, but reading reviews on fragrantica knight might be closer to real git, but they are both pretty cheap. I have coolwater and appreciate it, but don't find it that similar to a GIT scent.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My heart momentarily stopped. I looked GIT up online, 💰🤑💰, and a cow was born. I'd have to start selling my plasma to keep eating.
My lovely bride can find much better places for that money as well... Unfortunately, it's usually the BANK! lol.

I have a decant of GIT. On paper it sure smells nice, but when I wore it I found it cloying and sickening. The day was very hot (90 F, 32 C). I thought GIT was supposed to be a summer scent. Am I wrong on that or do I just dislike GIT?

I'll give it another try in cooler weather.

I have a decant of GIT. On paper it sure smells nice, but when I wore it I found it cloying and sickening. The day was very hot (90 F, 32 C). I thought GIT was supposed to be a summer scent. Am I wrong on that or do I just dislike GIT?

I'll give it another try in cooler weather.
Best for Spring and Fall, IMHO. Maybe it would work if Summers were cooler where you are. It's very concentrated, also. Don't overspray to try to get "projection". It can be piercing at first.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good to know.
I got some GIT from a friend here on B and B.
It's "different" than I thought.... I plan on using it a little more before I review it.

Top Bottom