What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

Had the first shave with the L plate, I think it"s the abbreviation for Leck mich am Arsch... What a damn close shave. It was not unpleasant, less blade feel than the original head but man was that efficient. BBS after two passes, never had this before.

Had the first shave with the L plate, I think it"s the abbreviation for Leck mich am Arsch... What a damn close shave. It was not unpleasant, less blade feel than the original head but man was that efficient. BBS after two passes, never had this before.
Can you please take a profile (side) pic of the head with a loaded blade?
I would like to see if the head shape/geometry has changed.

Also, is the blade reveal the same in the new and old head?
Any difference in blade clamping?

My Green Cult razor arrived today. It the one with the 3 holes. Not tested yet, will give a try tomorrow.

The handle has more grip than expected and I must say I like it. Well balanced for my taste.

It has not a Razorock level of machining. Tolerances could be a bit more narrow.

Overall much more than expected for 44€ (including shipping!)

Aside from the new forthcoming base plates let us not forget how fantastic the finish is of these razors. For the money they are second to none. The handle shown is a Flatboy. I also use a Timeless ti Crown.
View attachment 1461063
Awesome combo, they were made for each other! Makes the GCR look very high end. I can’t wait to get my Flatboy and swap my Vintage gold handle to the Brass head and Flatboy handle to the GCR head. Pics coming soon

My Green Cult razor arrived today. It the one with the 3 holes. Not tested yet, will give a try tomorrow.

The handle has more grip than expected and I must say I like it. Well balanced for my taste.

It has not a Razorock level of machining. Tolerances could be a bit more narrow.

Overall much more than expected for 44€ (including shipping!)

I can confirm that the Greecult razor is quite blade forward. It is much more aggressive/efficient than my Old Type Pocket Edition with a shim. It requires a steeper angle, once you have dialed in it gives a close and comfortable shave.

Today my first run with a fresh BIC blade, three passes as usual.

Tolerances are tight enough, the blade has no play when put on cap. No need for blade adjustment.

A strong buy recommendation from me for a asked price of 39€!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Now we are opening pandora's box, I love it.

Do you have opinions on which is more efficient?
I didn't answer yesterday and still hesitate to answer this today... it has to do with both shaving so very differently.

I get a superb silky skin on the cheek result with the Flatboy WTG, but ATG for cleanup of "flattened" hair it didn't cut at the chin or some spots where something it is left standing it is harder to correct with.

The Greencult is still my preference. I like its long heavy handle better, it also sits better in the hand. It is a very efficient and also quite aggressive razor. Guess that's why some toned down plates were developed.

Correcting spots ATG is much easier with it. I cannot get quite this wow-style cheek I can get with the Razorine, which is basically a handle mounted shavette head, but handling and overally efficiency goes to the Greencult Original (this razor really should get a model name. As it is Austrian, Alpenterminator would amuse me, but probably scare lots of customers away).

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I didn't answer yesterday and still hesitate to answer this today... it has to do with both shaving so very differently.

I get a superb silky skin on the cheek result with the Flatboy WTG, but ATG for cleanup of "flattened" hair it didn't cut at the chin or some spots where something it is left standing it is harder to correct with.

The Greencult is still my preference. I like its long heavy handle better, it also sits better in the hand. It is a very efficient and also quite aggressive razor. Guess that's why some toned down plates were developed.

Correcting spots ATG is much easier with it. I cannot get quite this wow-style cheek I can get with the Razorine, which is basically a handle mounted shavette head, but handling and overally efficiency goes to the Greencult Original (this razor really should get a model name. As it is Austrian, Alpenterminator would amuse me, but probably scare lots of customers away).
Thank you for providing this level of detail. I am doing GRUYERE right now and will have only a few weeks in January to do a restock. Throughout the year I read these types of detailed reviews to try to hone in on what to buy.

The GCR, especially the L plate when it comes out, is on the top of that list.

Count me in the light, short, thin handles team. Even if there are only two of us here on the forum, we are a team, right?
MR1 is excellent. I have been drooling for like 2 years, and then they changed the import law in the EU, so now buying 1-2 of those handles would cost me an arm and a leg + paperwork and fees.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!

I think Flatboy but not a huge difference
Darnit, I just ordered the Flatboy. Was having doubts but let looks decide for me. Hope I won't regret my choice.
A wise man once said that when one is uncertain, buy both in all cases.

Top Bottom