What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Regarding the handle, I have several boxes full of wrapped razor handles collecting dust, but ...

... the long and heavy handle grew on me. It also offers, surprisingly, very good grip.

It is an awesome head. It gives a very close shave, it is aggressive, but not R41 level of dangerous. One must still take care, it's way more aggressive than the whole RazoRock scale.

It's a man's razor. 😎😍 <- man crush.

Ok... cough... just let me suggest to use an Alpha Viper handle, a Timeless Crown handle, or something from RazoRock or else if the handle is too heavy or long.

It's not a special head design (Blackbird e.g.) that makes screwing in other handles unnecessarily difficult.

Got it today will shave with it tomorrow
KCG (3)
Simpsons Sandalwood cream

34151E6B-5AEB-4B33-96A3-7F80B9437B66.jpeg

I shaved with Green Cult razor last week, awesome razor, very efficient, pleasantly surprised. I do not like the long handle but it has a very good grip! I wil most likely change it our for a RazoRock radio handle or similar handle. This razor could be the sleeper razor in 2022 for me. Very good head design and amazing clamping, no blade chatter in this razor. Shaves very similar to Stirling Standard baseplate (not HA)
SOTD PIC for 1st time using Green Cult.. It mowed it down lol
F86E983D-CE65-4C45-A86B-C7AAA30D518B.jpeg

Had my first shave (BBS, 2 weepers) with it today and as others have said efficient and totally rigid blade. It has a good amount of bladefeel but different to the (chattery) R41. The long handle works well as I had it resting on my pinky. I will try other handles with it in the future as I'm not totally convinced that the stock one is really the optimum. For me as a daily user a bit much but nevertheless a very enjoyable shave.

sotd.jpg

Last edited:
Had my first shave (BBS, 2 weepers) with it today and as others have said efficient and totally rigid blade. It has a good amount of bladefeel but different to the (chattery) R41. The long handle works well as I had it resting on my pinky. I will try other handles with it in the future as I'm not totally convinced that the stock one is really the optimum. For me as a daily user a bit much but nevertheless a very enjoyable shave.

View attachment 1434773
Glad you liked it. I use it as a daily razor. It is a nice, mild razor. Gives a comfortable, close and irritation free shave. Never any weepers, but then I can not even remember when I had a weeper. Must be yeaaars ago ;-)

Glad you liked it. I use it as a daily razor. It is a nice, mild razor. Gives a comfortable, close and irritation free shave. Never any weepers, but then I can not even remember when I had a weeper. Must be yeaaars ago ;-)
I don’t have too many razors wit h positive exposure maybe it’s that. What are your favorite blades with it?

Derby Usta works great. Still trying blades. Only have tried Derby Usta and Premium, Blue Bird, Laser Super Chrome, Elios and Silver Star. More to come.

Derby Usta works great. Still trying blades. Only have tried Derby Usta and Premium, Blue Bird, Laser Super Chrome, Elios and Silver Star. More to come.
I have the first three so they will be a starting point many thanks. I also thought about Perma-Sharps (bronze/red pack).

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Well done, but I don't think it was a good idea tbh .I would just have used another handle.

The removed >< shape is actually producing providing a lot of good grip.

@GreenCult shavers: do you ride the cap (flat angle) or the safety bar (steep angle)?

With the amount of blade exposure it has, it seems to me you can't go neutral with this razor.

Well done, but I don't think it was a good idea tbh .I would just have used another handle.

The removed >< shape is actually producing providing a lot of good grip.
Yes,
I use with other handles 👍..

The original one did not suit me, if it was supposed to get dust, the improved one will be used in rotation👌.

@GreenCult shavers: do you ride the cap (flat angle) or the safety bar (steep angle)?

With the amount of blade exposure it has, it seems to me you can't go neutral with this razor.
According to the manufacturer's data, the exposure is 0.25mm positive.

I will not answer unequivocally, the shaving angle is intuitive.👍

Top Bottom