What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

It seems that a lot of folks like this razor and some even compare it to the Blackbird in terms of performance with some minor differences here and there. I'm going to wait a bit more for now, but this razor has definitely caught my attention. Keep up the reviews!

65d.jpg

Ordered, couldn't resist. €44 including shipping to Germany is a nobrainer. Within EU no additional costs such as customs fees and VAT...

Don't know how they manage to produce for this price range. Cheaper than Aliex!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Are any of you able to compare this razor to other hyper efficient razors, such the Blackbird, or the Yaqi Top Aggressive slant? I am very tempted.

SotD

Today the new base plates (prototypes) of the Greencult safety razor were allowed to show what they can do.

For better understanding:
O = The original head
L = Higher gap than the original (aggressive)
M = About like the original (medium-mild/aggressive)
S= Lower gap than the original. (Mild)

Base plate changes: no more through holes. As a result, the base plate is smooth. Gap and exposure have been adjusted.
The foam channels are now continuous, no more bridge.

Since it is a prototype, only the L, M and S were lasered. The end product will of course be labeled more beautifully and of course it will be optically enhanced.

Exact dates of the gaps and the exposure will be communicated.

Plate L and plate S with a feather were used today.

As always, the shaving soap was allowed to soften on the face for 3-4 minutes. Right half of face was shaved with S-plate.
Left half of face was shaved with L-plate.

The S plate is noticeably milder. It glided wonderfully through the whiskers.

Although milder, it was already clear after the first run that the S plate is very thorough. It's a noticeable difference to the original record and of course the L record.

Against the grain, the S plate proved to be excellent. No tugging, no rattling, nothing. I would say that the S-platter really shows what it can do against the grain. Perfect, soft and very comfortable on the skin. I had no problems with my upper lip.

-

The L plate feels much more direct with the line.

Here, too, the first round was very good, almost BBS, at least on the cheeks and neck.

Against the grain, especially on the upper lip, the L-plate bitched a little. She picked something. Here it was important to change the angle (almost 90 degrees) and keep the shaving cream more liquid.

But with a water shave it got better. (Clean up)

But I was shaved tip-top here too. After, as I said, a water shave and a little cleaning, I was completely BBS.

All in all, I would prefer the S plate, since it worked a bit softer, at least for me. But I have to say that my whiskers are quite thin and not too hard.

After a cold face wash, the after-shave was allowed on the skin. I could burn neither left nor right. Actually, I would have expected a burn on the left side, but as I said, nothing.

With the 3 new records, Greencult actually has the right product for everyone (coming soon).

Very clear purchase recommendation.

If you already have the Greencult, you can soon get a more suitable plate separately, depending on your needs. I don't know when that will be yet.

If you don't have a Greencult yet, you should wait until all 3 records are available.
DSC05942.JPG
DSC05969.JPG

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am getting strong Yates vibes! (Yates recently improved the website to make plate selection a bit easier)

I would love another type of handle and a stand as well. Will probably wait till then and buy it all together.

I am getting strong Yates vibes! (Yates recently improved the website to make plate selection a bit easier)

I would love another type of handle and a stand as well. Will probably wait till then and buy it all together.

Having more handle options is never a bad thing, but in my case I already own way too many handles, most of which I don't use at all since I have a favorite handle which I use most of the time in all of my razors and for me it's much better if I can just buy the head separately instead of having yet another handle buried in a drawler to collect dust for all eternity.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I have a favorite handle which I use most of the time in all of my razors
Oh, and what is your favorite handle? My favorite handle has not even been made yet, would love the Timeless Ti Crown handle in steel! :)

Among those I have the Alpha Viper handle is my favorite. Too bad that their Bandit seems to have been cancelled rather than delayed, I am afraid there isn't much coming from Alpha anymore.

*Edit*
The head is also new. You need a new head and a base of your choice. Sorry, my mistake, I misread that.
Any OC options in the future?
The S sounds nice but getting a complete new head would render the old one useless. So I’ll better stick with the original design and use it a bit more infrequently.

Tomorrow’s shave will see a Bic on the second outing and I stay with the Halo.

1FF8B6BA-A555-4800-A340-859FAC675488.jpeg

Top Bottom