What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

Weren't some of the early v1.0 heads made of zamak? I thought so, but may be remembering incorrectly. The cross section does not look like solid stainless to me either.

Ok, the curiosity got the best of me, and although I just received my Karve Overlander, I ordered the GC with the II plate. Yourshaving.com offers a ~10% discount using the code YSC, so that makes the GC a sub $100 purchase. Since the deal was so sweet, I ordered a soap I've been wanting to try, SAPONIFICIO VARESINO Manná di Sicilia. Worst case scenario, if the GC, or the soap doesn't work for me, I can offer it up on the BST. Now the wait from Spain begins, LOL.

You guys are killing my wallet, just sayin.'

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Ok, the curiosity got the best of me, and although I just received my Karve Overlander, I ordered the GC with the II plate. Yourshaving.com offers a ~10% discount using the code YSC, so that makes the GC a sub $100 purchase. Since the deal was so sweet, I ordered a soap I've been wanting to try, SAPONIFICIO VARESINO Manná di Sicilia. Worst case scenario, if the GC, or the soap doesn't work for me, I can offer it up on the BST. Now the wait from Spain begins, LOL.

You guys are killing my wallet, just sayin.'
I sort of love tracking shipments from Spain.... the anticipation is like those old Heinz ketchup commercials....

Well, my last shipment from overseas came from Connaught Shaving in the UK and it took about two months, so...

But it sounds like, from reading this thread, others have successfully ordered from Yourshaving.com, so I'll just have to wait, LOL.

I sort of love tracking shipments from Spain.... the anticipation is like those old Heinz ketchup commercials....

Looks like metal injection molding and not CNC machined....

That is what I thought as well. Solid stainless would look different if broken, like sheared metal. This looks like molded zamak that snapped to me too. Take a look at the difference in the top caps:

That is what I thought as well. Solid stainless would look different if broken, like sheared metal. This looks like molded zamak that snapped to me too. Take a look at the difference in the top caps:

That’s because they are different. The second picture is the 1.1 cap whereas the first picture is the 1.0 cap - at least based on the difference in baseplate.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Looks like metal injection molding and not CNC machined....
It is probably not even that.
I checked the shop.

The 1.0 looking model is now called 1.1. It's CNC and stainless steel, no idea if it is slightly different to the 1.0.

That's the 2.0:

And here it comes... DRUMROLL:
Greencult BASIC looks like 1.0 and has the previous slightly <50 EUR price, but comes with a Zamac head made in China.

I can only speculate, but as I have seen stainless steel head only get a shiny blemish at max when getting dropped and not break like Zamac, I believe @JacobW 's friend bought this one and believed it's the stainless version. But it's Zamac.

Greencult BASIC looks like 1.0 and has the previous slightly <50 EUR price, but comes with a Zamac head made in China.
That’s correct. Fairschenkt first came out with this razor and after having production challenges or issues they decided to produce the head themselves (and in stainless steel).

Still available at their website I believe. No information on blade exposure or gap.

I checked the shop.

The 1.0 looking model is now called 1.1. It's CNC and stainless steel, no idea if it is slightly different to the 1.0.

That's the 2.0:

I can only speculate, but as I have seen stainless steel head only get a shiny blemish at max when getting dropped and not break like Zamac, I believe @JacobW 's friend bought this one and believed it's the stainless version. But it's Zamac.
I checked the shop.

That's the 2.0:

This is the razor of my friend from the Polish forum... It is Green Cult version V1 or as they called V1. 0 stainless steel with a blade gap of .95 and Exposure of 0.25. I have two razors myself.. Green Cult in this version...
According to the manufacturer, it is stainless steel....

The best part is that my other friend from the group on Traditional Shaving in Poland sent me a picture of a Blackland Dart the day after... It fell to the floor for him too... I see those steel razors are poorly made.

received_3449070295411776.jpeg

Top Bottom