What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

First, I don't own a 1.0 or 2.0 razor from this company.

I do own the Muhle Rocca and EJ 3one6. I am into them well under $100USD. What that is in Euro in various tax districts is open to debate.

This new razor would have to perform astoundingly well to beat those two on my face with my whiskers!

OCs are now available Hannes. Literally got the email just yet from Valerie. So you can order in one go.

Cheers

Guido
Thank you Guido but I think I’ll keep my powder dry until beginning of next year. Let’s see how people like them. My goal would be a plate that is a notch below the original in regards to bladefeel but still shines at multi day growth.

Last edited:
Thank you Guido but I think I’ll keep my powder dry until beginning of next year. Letsusee how people like them. My goal would be a plate that is a notch below the original in regards to bladefeel but still shines at multi day growth.
We might just be on the same page there Hannes. I have the GC1 and GC2 II and they actually shave very similar to me. With obviously more blade feel on the GC1. I had/have the OC II in my chart but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Maybe because of the same reason as you.

Cheers,

Guido

Got the "in stock" email today from Fairschenkt:

ENGLISH VERSION:

Dear customers,

finally the time has come and we are expanding our wet shaving range:

These products are available for order now and will be shipped with the upcoming calendar week 44.

Our razor stand is already in prototype process, but the launch will be a bit later (probably after Christmas). We are doing our best to be able to offer a wide range of products quickly.

Prices of the new products

GC2.0 OC: basic set for 105€ RRP
GC2.0 optional base plate OC: 45€ RRP

Unquote

Cheers!

GC.jpg

Hello everybody🌼
I'm a 33 year boy who recently started wet shaving and joined B&B.
Currently, I am mainly researching the air and moisture content of foam.

I'm already completely satisfied with only two razors: Razorock BBS for a smooth autopilot shaving & the GC2.0 (all baseplates) for an exciting close shaving.

I announced that I would purchase an open comb plate in the GC2.0 dedicated thread.
I am happy with my closed comb GC2.0 and I have no complaints about spending the rest of my life with only these two razors. I will hold off on purchasing an open comb for the time being.
However, I am like dust before the wind. My heart will continue to changing forever and ever...

Last edited:
I had a very great shave today with the GC2.0 III plate!!

As someone with little experience with wet shaving (half year), I had been leaning toward riding the cap with mild razors at shallow angle.

I started to notice that the GC2.0 gave me a great shave by riding the bar at steeper angle.

The heavy weight of the head alone weighs 45 grams, the highly curved and firmly fixed blade, and the bead-blasted scalloped bar, all of which create a euphoric shaving experience.

Last edited:

Date21.03.2024
366 daily shaves
081/366
RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 1.0ASCO (4)Yaqi Lucky Dice
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (62)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Summary. Easy comfortable no fuzz shave. Wonderful.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave.

I guess he will be around soon, it’s 7am in Bulgaria. If I remember rightly he has a plate III and liking aggressive razors is contemplating a IV.

Overall I believe the original high gaped 1.0 is still top dog in the efficiency department.
So the original GC 1.0 is more aggressive than the GC 2.0 IV plate even? I bought a GC 1.1 after I already had a 2.0 and was underwhelmed with how mild it was.

So the original GC 1.0 is more aggressive than the GC 2.0 IV plate even? I bought a GC 1.1 after I already had a 2.0 and was underwhelmed with how mild it was.
On the SB this is my understanding as you will get more bladefeel due to the gap/exposure combination but the results should be close. The 1.1 was the dumbed down version. Original intent was to sell the product as a female body shaver but the 1.0 was a bit too ambitious for that hence the 1.1

The 1.1 is the same as the GC2.II so a gap of .65mm and exposure of .10mm. It does have a different cap or at least it used to.

The IV baseplate has a larger gap than the original GC (1.05mm vs .95), but they differ in exposure. The original is .25mm positive and the IV is .20mm. Still plenty aggressive. I am assuming the OC part makes it more aggressive/effective.

Ivan @ivan_101 hasn’t done a review yet, but I did discuss his experience with him very briefly in the March GRUME thread (posts 379 and 382). He likes the GC2 over the GC1 overall.

Bear in mind that Ivan prefers super aggressive razors. His assessments of razors and blades are usually spot on in my experience.

Cheers,

Guido

My heart will continue to changing forever and ever...
That is the shaving curse most of us have to live with. You’re GC2 with all baseplate ticks a lot of boxes and gives you very little necessity to buy other razors as you will find out they shave either the same or less so. The GC2.II for example is very similar to a Blackbird in my view at least (similar is not the same of course).

Enjoy! And welcome to B&B by the way!

Guido

I guess he will be around soon, it’s 7am in Bulgaria. If I remember rightly he has a plate III and liking aggressive razors is contemplating a IV.

Overall I believe the original high gaped 1.0 is still top dog in the efficiency department.
I already bought and used the IV OC
The 1.1 is the same as the GC2.II so a gap of .65mm and exposure of .10mm. It does have a different cap or at least it used to.

The IV baseplate has a larger gap than the original GC (1.05mm vs .95), but they differ in exposure. The original is .25mm positive and the IV is .20mm. Still plenty aggressive. I am assuming the OC part makes it more aggressive/effective.

Ivan @ivan_101 hasn’t done a review yet, but I did discuss his experience with him very briefly in the March GRUME thread (posts 379 and 382). He likes the GC2 over the GC1 overall.

Bear in mind that Ivan prefers super aggressive razors. His assessments of razors and blades are usually spot on in my experience.

Cheers,

Guido
It wasn't my intention to do a review of the 3 2.0 plates I bought.

2.0 IV CC (1.05/0.20) is better than the 1.0 (0.95/0.25). Reducing the exposure, but increasing the gap was the right thing to do. You will get the same closeness as the 1.0, but with less possibility of nicks and weepers.

III OC and IV OC are of course very aggressive. If you feel like shaving with an aggressive OC maybe starting with III OC is better. I have very tough whiskers and with III OC I need to use very sharp blades. With IV OC this is not necessary. In it medium sharpness is what I need for BBS. Astra SS did a good job.

Now if you excuse me I am going to shave with the Windsor Pro and a Gillette Super Thin Platinum.

That's all folks.

Top Bottom