What's new

Green Coffee Beans - Thanksgiving Edition

As a former winner of this great prize, I can honestly say it was one of the best packages I ever received in the mail, along side the mail order bride sampler Nick sent me. :thumbup1:
The plus with that pack is none of 'em are green. :ihih:

Congratulations Michael, and great job Scott!

-Nick

Woo hoo!!! :thumbup:

Can't believe my luck! I have been wanting to try home roasting for a very long time. Thanks so much for the genrous offer!

What a great thanksgiving surprise! I am truly thankful, Scott!

I'm surprised to see so many roasters here! I've been at it for a few years roasting in a modified Popcorn Pumper with great results. I get all my beans from Sweet Marias and seem to prefer Yirgacheffe, Anything from Yemen, Terazu and the killer Central American Geshas that are trickeling in. I brew pretty much exclusively in a Cona Vacpot.

Just wanted to say I received the beans yesterday afternoon and they look GREAT. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't have the names here in front of me, but there was a columbian, a kenya AA, an ethiopian, a sumatran...and 1 more (I will post the actual names of bean types when I get home). I am really excited about trying out home-roasting this weekend!

Thanks so much, Scott, for the super-generous gift!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
As a hands on, old school, renaissance kind of guy (or cheapskate neanderthal, if you prefer) I've been roasting my beans in a cast iron skillet out on the deck. I found that a batch approximately 1/2 pound works perfectly in a 10" skillet. Decidedly low tech, to be sure, but it forces me to stand over the beans and constantly stir, which provides a good peak into what's going on as they roast.
You should get at least ten sessions out of that package, and by the end you should feel somewhat decent about your results.

What a great gift! :a14:

As a hands on, old school, renaissance kind of guy (or cheapskate neanderthal, if you prefer) I've been roasting my beans in a cast iron skillet out on the deck. I found that a batch approximately 1/2 pound works perfectly in a 10" skillet. Decidedly low tech, to be sure, but it forces me to stand over the beans and constantly stir, which provides a good peak into what's going on as they roast.
You should get at least ten sessions out of that package, and by the end you should feel somewhat decent about your results.

What a great gift! :a14:

Interesting method! Do you just heat the skillet on the BBQ grill?

Top Bottom