What's new

Green-Chile Parmesan Dip

It's my own recipe that I came up with in a drunken stupor. It tasted awesome then and it's even better sober. This is a huge party sized dip.

12 oz of diced green chiles
32 oz of cream cheese
8 oz of mozzarella cheese
8 oz of grated parmesan cheese
16 oz of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (or adjust to taste)

Melt the cream cheese in a pot on low. It helps to let it sit at room temp for a bit to soften up. Add the green chiles. When it's all melted add the heavy cream and thoroughly mix. When that's all mixed together add the mozzarella and parmesan. It takes a good 5-10 minutes to thoroughly melt and mix. Then start adding the cayenne until you get it to the right heat. I've found that a teaspoon adds some heat and flavor but not enough to make people whine and complain.

If you make it in a pot keep the temp low (like simmer low) and stir quite often. If you have a crock pot it's even better. Once it's all mixed and melted I'd suggest serving it as soon as possible because if it's kept on the heat too long the cheese separates (the casein from the fats) and then it becomes an oily mess that requires constant stirring. If it's to be kept on the heat I'd suggest adding 6 tablespoons of flour during the mixing process after the cheese has thoroughly melted. If done slowly (I find using a sifter or a shaker is best) and carefully the flour will mix into the cheese smoothly and it keeps the proteins from separating from the fats thus allowing the mixture to stay heated longer while maintaining it's smooth texture.

If you have leftover dip store it can be stored in the fridge but when reheating I would suggest doing it on the stove on a low heat again. In the microwave it just doesn't come out smooth and dippy.

I'm a big fan of drunken stupor recipes. :thumbup1: thanks for the recipe.

I've got a drunken stupor bean dip that has had many requests and repeat performances.

Top Bottom