What's new

Green Cella Scent

The strange curse of perusing B & B on a lazy Sunday afternoon... Having read all these entries, and having just started using Cella red exclusively for the Tiger/Tatra blade experiment going on, I was favorably disposed to try the green anyway but you all have pushed me over the edge. Headed over to Maggard's and got the full boat. I'll check back in in a few days to let you know how it went. Who knows, since I am using his method currently, I may even pm Marco as suggested...
But things like this are why I read B & B and make a small annual contribution...

Peace to You and Yours

DCJ

I'm having a hard time with the Green Cella scent. It sounds like something I should like but I'm finding it too sweet smelling to enjoy. I don't know if it's the pink pepper but the lemony/sweet top notes are too much for me.

The performance is great and I was impressed by the post-shave feel, but I'm not agreeing with the scent. It's just not for me.

I got the aftershave as well. It starts out with similar top notes, I get the same thing with Clubman Gent's Gin. The Cella aftershave as a woodier dry down. I didnt' keep the Gent's Gin, but I'll use up the Cella. For whatever reason, the same top notes of the aftershave don't bother me like they do in the soap.

I'm a little sad because I really wanted to like this one and its performance is solid. I'm going to give it a few more tries but I suspect I'll be moving on from this one.

I've just shaved with Cella red from the kg brick and my skin feels great. Cella once confirmed to me that the red tub and brick have different fragrance. There must be something in the tub's fragrance that reacts with my skin immediately after shaving.

Well the Green Cella came in the afternoon post, along with a nearly perfect Gem Jr purchased off the bay on Sunday. one shipped from Michigan and the from Florida, but fortunately they arrived here the same day. The only thing I like more than trying something new, is trying two or more new things.

Neither proved to be a disappointment. The razor was as fine as I expect any Gem to be, but the green Cella is just out of this world. I have really liked using the red, but I believe I enjoy this even more. The post shave feel of my skin using the soap, balm and aftershave is just smooth as a fine leather..

The smell? Definitely more "sophisticated" , a little more dressy, than its red sibling. .. While others are certainly better at describing it than I am - I would just say it has a fresh, citrus smell and will definitely play well in a Midwestern summer.

But at the lower end of the price scale, I would endorse either the red or the green Cella or in the true B & B fashion, both...

DCJ

I have no doubt Cella Bio is a good product, but it seems to go for ~$12.00USD in the States. I'd rather spend another $1.60 and get something like Stirling instead. YMMV. I have to assume it costs less to acquire in Europe.

Cella bio has a very low consumption. I used 1 gram Cella bio and after 3 passes, there was still foam in the bowl for another shave! It's not expensive at $ 12! It's a wonderful soap! Tip: Take a pea from the box with a coin or knife and then mix in the bowl! Do not take the wet brush directly from the Cella box because it is a water-sensitive cream and you will greatly reduce its lifespan!
Yes, in Europe Cella Bio costs max 8 euros while Stirling costs 21 euros! I want a Stirling but I'm also happy with Cella!

Last edited:

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Absolutely wonderful soap. I just wish the jar version were even larger so I could dig some of my bigger brushes into it more easily.

I'm a late but enthusiastic convert to the brick. I'm very impressed with the ingredients. For me it is as good as it can be for my skin.
I'll try the new bio cream next time.
Now, how is it so cheap?

Absolutely wonderful soap. I just wish the jar version were even larger so I could dig some of my bigger brushes into it more easily.

i was just thinking about this yesterday. I am in the process of transplanting some 1oz amount of smaller jar contents into the wide low profile jars i got from maggard.

wait are cella green and cella bio different products? I figured the green one was Aloe Vera and the red one was Almond. Can someone confirm this for me because when what I've got finishes I was planning on buying Cella Bio. BUT if it isn't Aloe Vera scented and just a citrus/floral combo I'll probably pass.

wait are cella green and cella bio different products? I figured the green one was Aloe Vera and the red one was Almond. Can someone confirm this for me because when what I've got finishes I was planning on buying Cella Bio. BUT if it isn't Aloe Vera scented and just a citrus/floral combo I'll probably pass.
There are just two Cella varieties: red and green. The green is called Extra Extra Bio; it contains Aloe Vera as an ingredient and the scent is more like a fresh Italian cologne, a mix of citrus with green and woody notes. The performance of the green is great and that is the best reason to try it.

It's a citrus-forward, complex scent with many similarities to Terre d'Hermes, with notes of pink pepper and a touch of geranium in the mix, along with cedar. I don't find it as earthy as TdH, but they share a good amount of DNA.

I must be a Neanderthal, to me I just like a smell or I don’t. Notice the use of the term smell instead of scent, yep Neandertha.

There are just two Cella varieties: red and green. The green is called Extra Extra Bio; it contains Aloe Vera as an ingredient and the scent is more like a fresh Italian cologne, a mix of citrus with green and woody notes. The performance of the green is great and that is the best reason to try it.

Green is also soft, more like a very dense cream, whereas red is the hard croap we all know and love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom