What's new

Greece…

Hey! I am heading to Greece later this summer. We are visiting Athens, Milos, Hydra, and Sifnos. If there is anything I need to see, taste, purchase, please let me know! I’m not sure if this trip justifies breaking gentlemanly restraint, and I haven’t purchased anything since summer of 2019, but if there is a hard to find item available in Greece, the restraint is over. Thanks for any tips!!!

Hey! I am heading to Greece later this summer. We are visiting Athens, Milos, Hydra, and Sifnos. If there is anything I need to see, taste, purchase, please let me know! I’m not sure if this trip justifies breaking gentlemanly restraint, and I haven’t purchased anything since summer of 2019, but if there is a hard to find item available in Greece, the restraint is over. Thanks for any tips!!!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
On your list of places, I have only done Athens, and that was just for a day. Well, part of a day. Just long enough to go around the Parthenon, and the nearby market area, before heading off to get my train. They're worth visiting.

Other places I've been there are Kos, Nissiros, Paros, Pireaus, Rafina, Aegina, Santorini, and cross country to Patras (Was trying to get to Kefalonia, but couldn't get a boat in time, so I stayed the night and went back).

Hadn't seen this site before. So there is some potential... TY!

On your list of places, I have only done Athens, and that was just for a day. Well, part of a day. Just long enough to go around the Parthenon, and the nearby market area, before heading off to get my train. They're worth visiting.

Other places I've been there are Kos, Nissiros, Paros, Pireaus, Rafina, Aegina, Santorini, and cross country to Patras (Was trying to get to Kefalonia, but couldn't get a boat in time, so I stayed the night and went back).
My daughter went in April for three weeks and the only spots that you and she both visited are Athens and Paros and Santorini. So much to see! The photo that got my wife was a random shot of her and her new husband standing at the base of the Parthenon one Thursday morning. The trip was booked that evening.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We were in Athens about 10 years ago and had a fantastic dinner on the rooftop at Strofi. Being out there during sunset and night with a view of the Acropolis was a highlight. The food was great, too!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ouzo-Of-Plomari-Isidoros-Arvanitis-1.jpg

Found a traditional shave shop not far from Parliament on the last day. At mid afternoon closing. Merkur and Muhle razors. I wish I had been there earlier.

Attachments

• 68825209-D005-4D9B-A30D-A37059A50F5B.jpeg
    68825209-D005-4D9B-A30D-A37059A50F5B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 135F43DD-8BFC-412F-9C51-2C7F9BD33D1B.jpeg
    135F43DD-8BFC-412F-9C51-2C7F9BD33D1B.jpeg
    964.3 KB · Views: 5
I would say much depends on why you are going. We were there in 2006 to see some sites St. Paul visited. For a Christian there is a lot that adds interesting background for the New Testament. Meteora is very interesting, although it has no connection to the New Testament.

Top Bottom