• Above the Tie H1

• Weber (ARC, DLC, or polished)

• iKon OSS

• iKon S3S

• Tradere OC

• Tradere SB

• Darwin

Results are only viewable after voting.
This poll was previously posted, but it's been a while since then and there have been many newcomers to the field. I feel that another poll will offer more accurate results since the Stainless Steel razors are getting rather popular.

In terms of the quality of razor and shave, which is the greatest stainless steel razor?

Explain:

I've had 3 of the choices, Weber DLC, ATT M1, and Tradere SB. The choice really depends on each person and what you're looking for.

Clearly the ATT and Tradere were higher in build quality and look and feel. The Weber was an good value for the money.

My personal favorite is the Tradere SB because its so incredibly smooth. It just feels great so shave with that razor.

...In terms of the quality of razor and shave, which is the greatest stainless steel razor?

Explain:
In my opinion the "greatest stainless steel razor" is not out yet.

I think it is difficult to say what is the "greatest stainless steel razor" of current production since I doubt there is anyone that tried them all. I didn't know Darwin made a stainless one.

I may be unqualified to vote as I only have two of the listed razors, a Weber polished with bulldog handle and an ATT Titan M1. I like them both, the Weber being smoother and the M1 being a little more aggressive. They both give a great shave, the Weber a little more comfortably. I really want a Feather and a Tradere SB but since I don't have them, I had to choose Weber. May very well not be the best of all of them but I'll never own all of them and I must say, the Weber is definitely tops for value IMHO.

Above the Tie isn't getting any love... Odd. Not what I was expecting at all. And I would have rather people put explanations instead of just voting; granted, the gravitation towards some razors is after all inexplicable in some cases

Above the Tie isn't getting any love... Odd. Not what I was expecting at all. And I would have rather people put explanations instead of just voting; granted, the gravitation towards some razors is after all inexplicable in some cases

R1 baby

I only own 3 of these. I did not like the Feather AS-D1 for the same reasons as everyone else. I love Tradere razors. I find them to be smooth, forgiving, and yet very effective. They are extremely heavy, well made, and beautiful.

I only own 3 of these. I did not like the Feather AS-D1 for the same reasons as everyone else some others. I love Tradere razors. I find them to be smooth, forgiving, and yet very effective. They are extremely heavy, well made, and beautiful.

You would not want to leave the wrong impression.......:lol:

R1 and H1. R1 1st. Loving my ATT. Such a super shaving machine. By far my fav thus far. Althoug,h, just received my Tradere SB in the mail today, still haven't used, but sure like the look/ feel of it. Will decide after a few shaves. Will be tough to beat ATT IMHO.

I onlly had the Tradere SB and Weber polished with classic handle. For me the SB is as good as it gets and the Weber was sold on bst. I do not feel the urge to look any further on DEs, save for a slant maybe, when a different maker other than Merkur decides to make one.

I voted Weber..based purely on shave quality and value compared to it's rivals..sure it's not machined, but who cares, it will still most likely last my lifetime.
I am not particularly vain enough to care if it lasts beyond me and goes on to others...but in all likelihood it will. :001_tongu

Weber gets my vote overall for the following attributes ...
solid construction
versatility/performance
price/value

:001_smile

Weber is just wrecking. You guys are making me regret selling it :/
Well, I want to hear some experiences from the people who voted PILS and the Feather AS-D2

I voted Pils for what I suspect is a common reason ...... It is the only one I have used. That, and because with the right angle it is a whisker evaporator.

These SS puppies are the high end for sure, interesting to see that some folks have tried 3 or 4 or 5 of them.

I've owned and used 5 of the choices in the poll. Only one still remains and it's the ATT Atlas R1. I don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. The shave is just perfect for me. I get a near BBS two pass shave (with touch ups) almost every time and I can shave my head with it too!

Ah, you forgot the Polish made Lux razor. :wink:

proxy.php

Are you debating picking one of these up? If so, you might be better served articulating your preferences and seeing what folks with similar tastes as yours recommend, and why. These "best ever" polls tend to generate results that only reflect who has tried what.

I've voted for the Weber, but out of those listed I've only tried two - the Weber and a Tradere OC. The Tradere is a work of art, but ultimately I struggled with it and subsequently sold it. It was fine if I used it constantly, but with any kind of rotation it demanded blood when it came back. The Weber may not have the same build quality, but it's ridiculously easy to use and gives me a great shave every time. I have the polished one, and it's like a stainless Merkur HD. :001_cool:

I'm currently in the honeymoon period with an iKon OC, but it's not listed.

Top Bottom